Almost 50lbs lost! 30 more to go!

Options
I started this journey on Jan 1st 2011. I have been through this time & time again. I would loose 20lbs only to gain all of it back plus a few more.

However this time something was different, this time something clicked inside me. This time I changed, for the better. I decided that time there was NO going back. This time I was going to loose more than 20lbs & this time I was going to keep it all off. I decided that I was going to make this a lifestyle change & stick to it. I was going to become a healthier happier person. I was going to make sure I was around to see my son grow up, get married & have children of his own. I wanted to be able to get up, go play with my son & not be exhausted when I was done. I wanted to set an example. And guess what, I DID & I AM! I am now down almost 50lbs. I am .5lbs away from the 50lb mark. :)

I am also a MUCH happier person. I knew I would feel better, but I didn't realize just how much so. I still have another 30lbs to loose to hit my goal weight, but OMG, that is so much closer now than it was. I am still in awe of just how far I have come. Now for the stats.

On January 1st 2011, I weighed in at a little over 240lbs. I was wearing a size 24 in pants, but really needed a size 26. I was in a size 2XL or 3XL for tops. Now I weighed in this morning at 190.6lbs. I am wearing a size 16 pants, and a size large or XL shirt depending on the cut.

Now for the pictures! Here I am on Christmas Day 2010 @ my Mawmaw's house (1st picture) & the day after Christmas 2011 @ my dad's. (2nd picture)
Christmas20102.jpg
Christmas2010.jpg

Here I am a couple of days ago when my DH took me out to dinner for our 7th wedding Anniversary.
001-51.jpg
002-50.jpg
003-42.jpg

Also here is one of me & my son from the same night. He will be 5 in about 2 weeks. He is the biggest motivation for me doing this. :)
004-33.jpg

I promise you that if I can do this, then so can you. It is all about how bad you want it. It has been a HARD road at times, but it is SO worth it. The pictures & stories here have motivate me so many times before. I hope that I can motivate someone else.

Replies

• RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Awesome loss! Great photos..you can really tell....keep it going girl! You can do it!
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Congrats. You can tell a major difference!!!
  • wheezymc
    wheezymc Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Congratulations:) Love the pictures-you look great!!!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Congrats.
    You and I started out with the same goal this year. Something just clicked and I set a goal to lose 50lbs this year. I then want to spend next year working on the final 20+, I haven't officailly set a final goal yet. For now it is to be at 150.

I have spent the summer slacking and in a constant plateau. (no gain, though) Now I am back on track and ready to hit the 50.

Best wishes to you. If you would like another freind please send a request.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Congratulations...you look like a new person :-) You must be so proud and your little (nearly 5 yo must love you lots and lots)

Keep up the good work hun x
  • krisntraining
    krisntraining Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look so good! Thanks for sharing your story and keep up the good work! Your son is adorable :)
  • Scarletblue
    Options
    Great job looking good
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    You are doing such a great job! I'm so proud of you!!!
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • suzieqdiva
    suzieqdiva Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    SO EXTREMELY PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!! You are kicking *kitten* & it shows. As I told another girlfriend today.. this path is all about self love & as we get slimmer, we are starting to value ourselves.. interestingly enough it shows in the smile in your eyes in the after pictures.. even your family seems sooo proud of you. It is also be leading you to a be able to lead a fuller, healthier lifestyle.. and why should it not:)

CONGRATULATIONS & keep it up.. you have done it & will do the rest. Thanks for the incredible share & inspiration:)
  • Jasmine_Moonstone
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! This has been something I wanted to do for a couple of years. However for some reason it just never clicked with me before. I am very proud of myself. I can not wait untill I am at my goal weight & starting to maintain. My familay has been a HUGE moivation & support for me.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! I feel like I could have written the same story. I have gone up and down in the past, but have found a new mindset this year. I have tried to explain the mindset on various posts, and to some extent I think I've been successful...but really, its something I feel different and that's hard to describe. I just know that its a lifestyle journey this time to be healthy and fit....and its not just about losing weight any longer. losing weight is merely a side benefit that tags along with the greater goal of a healthy and fit lifestyle. I have lost 55 pounds so far this year and have roughly 20ish to go. I look forward to continuing this journey with you and other MFPers!

Keep up the great work!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!! how cute, you and your son have the same smile :D
  • sistertransister
    sistertransister Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    WAHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are awesome! All your hard work is paying off!! Keep up the hard work! You are WORTH IT!!! :)
  • SunShyne200
    Options
    Great job! You got this!! Keep up the good work.. WOOT WOOT!!:smile:
  • littleenginethatcan
    Options
    You look so happy! Your smile says it all! Great work!!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Great job WTG
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    What a difference! Great job!
  • NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats on almost 50 pounds gone. You look great!!
  • mobetta2012
    Options
    Great Job!! Keep up the good work!!:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!