I felt compelled to write about

Options
my "regime" for those of you that might be doing the same, and even, feeling the same as I do sometimes. There are lots of people here doing lots of different routines to burn calories, eat right etc. I walk for my daily exercise(well usually 6 days a week). My walking partner nwfamilygal and I were talking yesterday about this. Sometimes I feel like I should do more, than walk 4 miles a day. Plus I get out on the property and walk the dogs most days also and some of that is up hill. I am now losing 1 lb a week, my legs are firmer than ever in my life, that I can recall, my stomach muscles are firming up(still fat layers over the top but I can feel the difference). I guess what I want to say to other women or men out there that choose to "get in shape" by walking, far out! I understand:) I love it and edie and I can walk and talk and see something new everyday. Mind you, we have a beautiful Valley to walk in. And for that we are blessed. Maybe we will want to do more toning with her bowflex at some point but for now, walking is a most excellent way to lose weight, firm up and feel awesome, with no injuries by the way. I used to have pain in my right knee when I ran, I twisted my ankle and even fell from just stepping on a pebble. Im just saying it was hard on my body, even when I was young. I am 56 now and am glad that I don't need to do things that are well, outa my league, to look and feel great. I hope this encourages others that maybe can't afford a gym, or maybe just are not "turned on" by the more strenuous routines to burn fat.

Love to all, denise in Sams Valley
PS My podna has lost 21 lbs now!! Goooooooooo walkers!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
PSS Go every other gal and whatever your exercise of choice is:flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Replies

• NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    my "regime" for those of you that might be doing the same, and even, feeling the same as I do sometimes. There are lots of people here doing lots of different routines to burn calories, eat right etc. I walk for my daily exercise(well usually 6 days a week). My walking partner nwfamilygal and I were talking yesterday about this. Sometimes I feel like I should do more, than walk 4 miles a day. Plus I get out on the property and walk the dogs most days also and some of that is up hill. I am now losing 1 lb a week, my legs are firmer than ever in my life, that I can recall, my stomach muscles are firming up(still fat layers over the top but I can feel the difference). I guess what I want to say to other women or men out there that choose to "get in shape" by walking, far out! I understand:) I love it and edie and I can walk and talk and see something new everyday. Mind you, we have a beautiful Valley to walk in. And for that we are blessed. Maybe we will want to do more toning with her bowflex at some point but for now, walking is a most excellent way to lose weight, firm up and feel awesome, with no injuries by the way. I used to have pain in my right knee when I ran, I twisted my ankle and even fell from just stepping on a pebble. Im just saying it was hard on my body, even when I was young. I am 56 now and am glad that I don't need to do things that are well, outa my league, to look and feel great. I hope this encourages others that maybe can't afford a gym, or maybe just are not "turned on" by the more strenuous routines to burn fat.

Love to all, denise in Sams Valley
    PS My podna has lost 21 lbs now!! Goooooooooo walkers!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    PSS Go every other gal and whatever your exercise of choice is:flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I love walking too. ANY exercise is better than NO exercise so I really encourage everyone to get moving! A gym membership is not necessary to get healthy! Yes, it is a nice option to have, but some people don't have that.

I have a gym membership, but in all honesty, I would MUCH rather be outside walking or riding my bike than in a stuff old gym! I keep my gym membership only for rainy or cold days and for a few classes that I really enjoy going to. Most of the calories that I burn on any given week come from the time I spend outside...NOT in the gym!

Don't let NOT having a gym membership be your enabler to being lazy! Exercise is everywhere you just might have to get creative to find it! Even walking the dog is exercise!!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Don't let NOT having a gym membership be your enabler to being lazy! Exercise is everywhere you just might have to get creative to find it! Even walking the dog is exercise!!

Indeed! Even if you hate the outside (like me... I think I am allergic to any place without central air) I was getting tired of my exercise videos and couldn't afford new ones (or a gym membership). So just today I downloaded belly dancing videos off a youtube for free (some open source programs required). I now have a 50 minute, fun energetic workout!