First week!!!

Options
Hi, my name is Callie I am 21 years old, and hoping to become healthier. I have wanted to lose weight seriously for over a year now, but I just kept making excuses like I didn't have time or I just couldn't do it. One day I was reading a county magazine and myfitnesspal was in it. I decided to check it out and I LOVE IT!!! It has been only a week since I have joined an I already lost 2.5lbs I am so excited now that I have started my journey to a healthier me. I have been using the Wii fit to work out 3-4 times a week. Any other suggestions? I am currently on a break from school, but will be starting again on Oct 3rd. I am a little nervous because next semester is going to be time consuming, so is there any suggestions to help me stay on track with weight-loss. I am so excited to lose more weight. I hope I can even encourage and get to know some of you.

Replies

• sissamae
    sissamae Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Welcome & congrats! I recommend Zumba and Jillian Michaels 30 day-shred workouts. Zumba is a blast and 30 day shred will kick your butt but has great results! Good luck and keep up the good work!
  • calamitydown
    Options
    Hey! I'm 19 and relatively new too. I'm in school right now and I find that Slim in 6 is the way to go (especially if you're a beginner at exercise). Congrats on the awesome loss- what a great start! Feel free to add me. If you need anything, let me know!

Cheers to a new beginning!
    -Hannah
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Welcome Callie to MFP, You have come to the right place for support and encouragement!! Your starting new Healthy Journey!! You Can Do This Callie!
  • deex18
    deex18 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    welcome!!! and wel done on the weight loss so far!!!!
    add me if u lik!!! im only here less than two weeks so new enough myself!!!!
    what wil the weather be lik when u are back to college???
    i am a new runner and am doing the couch 2 5km programme and loving it.... ive also got a step machine thing and am thinking of gettin the thirty day shred thing to have indoors... ive also downloaded some zumba from the internet!!! tryin to keep it mixed up!!!
    do what u lik and thatll keep u motivated!!!
    good luc!!!!
  • CryTerrell
    Options
    Hey! I am new too and I go to college. My schedule is hectic but I find time to do this work out at Self.com. It's really fun if you like to do yoga and Pilates.

http://www.self.com/goal/freestyle/firmers-video
  • mashamoshpit
    mashamoshpit Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you have a smartphone, myfitnesspal has an app which can be useful for tracking food and excercise on the go. It helps me, as a college student. :)