Lavash Flatbread Pizzas

DHalaby73
DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 2 • Serving size: 2 squares • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
Calories: 191.8 • Fat: 4.7 g • Protein: 12.2 g • Carb: 23.9 g • Fiber: 1.4 g • Sugar: 1.4 g

Ingredients:

9x12" lavash flatbread
olive oil spray
3 tbsp marinara sauce
2 oz reduced fat shredded mozzarella
pinch dried oregano
2 tbsp fresh basil

Directions:

Preheat oven to 450°. If you have a pizza stone, heat it as well.

Spray lavash lightly with oil then top with sauce. Too much sauce will make the bread soggy so don't over-do it.

Top with cheese and oregano, then bake until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes.

Remove from the oven and cut into 4 pieces. Top with fresh basil and eat immediately.

Replies

• God, this sounds delish. Maybe I'll make some to use up the fresh basil I've got sitting around at home!
  • trishl2011
    trishl2011 Posts: 138 Member
    sounds good, I'm going to have to try it sometime, thanks for the recipe :smile:
  • bump! thanks!! sounds yummy
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    The joseph's lavash bread tend to be too thin for pizza; try the joseph's pita instead.....60 cals for one pita
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    So yummy. . . I do something similar with mediterainean pitas or the flatouts. . toast on both sides my daughter loves them!
  • I make versions of this all the time! I never eat marinara/pasta sauce otherwise, so I tend to fall back on 'pizza squeeze' with added italian seasonings. It's quite good with some turkey pepperoni diced small, or some mushrooms, etc. I bake them straight on the rack in a toaster oven.

Depending on the lavash, the calories can be less, but then the size differs. Flatouts work ok too, but I find the higher the fiber, the more you lose the nice fluffy crunch.

They work great for snacks for folks. Just whack into finger food sized chunks and serve. Guaranteed to disappear before you can get the next one cooked.
  • bump