MAJOR stomach pain, please I have no idea whats happening

Options
The past two days I have had pretty serious stomach pain. It isn't like anything I've ever felt before, and I'm pretty convinced it's related to my diet. If its not, I might have bigger problems than I thought.

It's not nausea or indigestion, it is a sharp pain that comes and goes throughout my entire abdomen. Not just one area, pretty much the entire 'belly' part of my body. It hurts so much at times I have to sit down, or I double over in pain. It does come with a few other side affects, all which would make you think this is jjust gas or indigestion, but I don't think so. I've been having stomach problems for a little over a month now, but this symptom is brand new. Help :(

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    You should call your doctor. MFP can't help with this.
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    i would recommend seeing a doctor and not asking people on an internet forum........
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    That could be anything from ulcers to a burst appendix. Get professional medical advice ASAP.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Doctor...
  • ReziiTarDust
    Options
    See a doctor. If you exercise, you may have hyperextension, or other issues. :/
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    That could be anything from ulcers to a burst appendix. Get professional medical advice ASAP.

This. Whatever it is don't leave it any longer.
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Doctor. Stat.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Urgent Care or ER. Now.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    yes doctor..
  • calamitydown
    Options
    If it's really that bad, you need to seek IMMEDIATE medical attention. At least run down to a doc in the box and have them check it out. You could have ulcers or something a lot more serious.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    That's how I described it when my appendix burst. Go get it checked out.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    In my proffessional opinion I think you should see a DR
  • npostma
    Options
    definitely hit the dr. There are so many things it could be. It could be indigestion but it could also be appendicitis, gall bladder, hernia...the list is endless. Better safe than sorry. Don't wait until tomorrow. Go to ER!
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    If the pain is that severe you need to see a doctor. Even if someone on here with medical knowledge reads this post all they can offer you is possible causes and since its already been a month.. you need to be physically examined.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon,
  • cmonskinnylovee
    Options
    I can't afford to go to the doctor, otherwise of course I would be going there and not asking people online. Doesn't anyone understand that medical care is not free? I am not an adult with an established career and money to spare, I am a college kid who pays ALL her own bills. If I am not dying, I am not going to waste my money on a dr who will throw some pills at me and charge me $100.

It's not appendicitis, it's a pain over the complete surface area of my abdomen not just where my appendix is. At least I hope it's not...

I don't think it's possible for me have an ulcer, unless it was stress related :P And if it was an ulcer I feel like it wouldn't have just popped up out of the blue two days ago
  • jamesdelong
    jamesdelong Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Go see the Dr.
    My experience with something similar:
    I had serious pains last year in my stomach where out of the blue I couldn't move or sit up from the bed. I had to go see the doctor even though I didn't want to. The drive to the hospital I felt like crying, that's how much pain I was in... when I got there they had to do emergency surgery b/c I had an inflamed appendix that they said could rupture any moment.

Needless to say I was a stubborn *kitten* and didn't want to go to the docs at first but good thing my ex yelled at me enough and took me there.

They have to see you even if you dont have any money.
  • CherylR52
    Options
    I agree...please call your doctor to rule out anything serious! Good Luck and keep us posted!
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    First you should try to pat your head while you rub your belly. I suggest if you can in fact do that then don't worry about calling a doctor.
  • Kirabelly
    Options
    my first thought was "appendix"

second was "go to the doctor"

seems y'all have it covered :)

p.s. darlin if it's your appendix it IS life or death :(
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    It could be IBS as I had severe pains before being diagnosed.

Definitely need to see a doctor anyway.