Huydroxicut ... Yay or nay??

Options
Ok so I started drinking the hydroxycut juice packets on Wednesday morning. I drink 3 a day a hour before each meal. I noticed I am having more energy, but I want to know others opinions on it. Is it ok to take, or is it just going to be something that is going to waist my time? I know that any diet pill is not really good for you to take, but I figured it may give me a extra boost. I taken the pill form 6 years ago and lost 21 pounds in 3 weeks ... but gained it all back, plus some. Of course though I didn't continue to exercise after. Now they have it in the juice form. Does anyone have any experience they can share from taking the pill or the juice form?

Replies

• Tonya1979
    Options
    Ok so I started drinking the hydroxycut juice packets on Wednesday morning. I drink 3 a day a hour before each meal. I noticed I am having more energy, but I want to know others opinions on it. Is it ok to take, or is it just going to be something that is going to waist my time? I know that any diet pill is not really good for you to take, but I figured it may give me a extra boost. I taken the pill form 6 years ago and lost 21 pounds in 3 weeks ... but gained it all back, plus some. Of course though I didn't continue to exercise after. Now they have it in the juice form. Does anyone have any experience they can share from taking the pill or the juice form?
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    My over all experience is that if you modify your diet and exercise program you will lose weight. You can take what ever pills or other crap you want, but if you don't change your diet and exercise they won't do any good. Also if you develope good habbits while losing weight and continue with the changes in diet and exercise you will be more likely to keep the weight off.

I have a friend who used prescription meds to lose weight several times, each time she quit taking the pills she gained all the weight back plus, some.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I took the pill for years but just for energy. I never was on a diet or exercising and it gave me great energy and I didn't feel like I crashed afterwards. A lot of people say you waste your money on the pills but you got to do what you think is right. My trainer at the gym said they were pretty good.
  • kammiller
    Options
    I agree that you have to still exercise and eat better, but I think they give you some more energy. but do not fool yourself they are not a miracle but they do have some vitamins and minerals
  • Tonya1979
    Options
    Oh I know I definitely have to eat right and exercise on a regular basis for anything to happen. Eventually I want to stop drinking the juice, I plan on after stopping the juice to eat healthy and exercise. I am hoping that by quitting the juice though that I wont gain back. I really want to make this change in my life. I am going to be 30 years old in August, and I think that last time you could say I was thin was before I was a teenager. I now have two children one is 6 years old and the other is 2 in a half months old, and a husband and I want to become A LOT healthier for all of them and of course myself. I want to be more active with my kids.
  • jackobean29
    jackobean29 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I hears of a lot of people having heart palpitations and feeling sick from hydroxicut.
  • michelleisfit
    michelleisfit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My husband lost 60+lbs using it but developed liver problems and was told by a doctor that if he didnt stop, he could have liver failure. be careful!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    if all you're getting is vitamins and minerals anyway, then why not just take a muti vitamin?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Want more energy? Adjust your nutrition. More vitamins can mean more energy, more complex carbs can also mean more energy (or just changing the WAY you eat them). Suppliments can help, but generally you should stick to natural ones that don't overload on any one thing. Change your body chemistry and you will have more energy, I.E. more exercise, better sleep cycles, and adjustments to nutrition do the same thing as any pill, removal of bad habits like excessive alcohol or smoking.
    Remember, EVERYTHING is poison if you eat/drink too much of it, even water. Many diet aids either block certain nutrients or overload them to change the way your body processes food, this isn't a fix, it's a sidestep that can't continue indefinately. B12 is a good energy suppliment that you can take forever. Putting any kind of dietary aid in your body is just a short term fix to a long term issue. That's my humble opinion anyway.
  • luvdance
    Options
    I tried Hydroxicut years ago and it made me sick. Eating Fruits and Veggies is best. :tongue:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    You'll get the same effect from taking caffeine pills, and at a cheaper price! Then you can increase your blood pressure and heart rate, which is such a great idea when you're about to exercise (kidding).
    If you're questioning whether something is good for your body, why even take it? There's a reason the FDA doesn't support these supplements--no studies illustrate any efficacy. Eventually, some prove to be harmful, but by then someone has died or had a heart attack. I don't see a reason to take any supplement I don't know much about.
  • LadyZen
    LadyZen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've tried them before, but didn't change my lifestyle. Needless to say, they didn't work. Just plain watching what you eat and exercising is the way to go. Think about it...if there was a "miracle pill", then we ALL would be skinny:wink: