Over eating!?

Okay everyone, I seem to do fabulous all day with counting calories and watching everything I eat. Why is it at dinner, I seem to over eat the most?? I wont even be hungry but I still shovel it in like I am getting ready to hibernate lol. Does any one else have this problem? If so, what are your tips to resist this??

Replies

• First week on my diet, i was the same. I will overeat or cheat a little at dinner time. My tip: eat lotsa meat at dinner: it fills you up and you will not ruin your diet. It has been helping me the second week.
  • Lakerlady5747
    Lakerlady5747 Posts: 77 Member
    Definitely try to use smaller dinner plates so that you trick your eyes (and then your brain) into thinking that you have a larger portion than you actually do. Also, try making up your plate, and then leaving the leftover food on the counter or on the stove. I have found that if I have to get up for seconds, I usually won't get seconds.

Finally, make sure you aren't "mindlessly" eating your dinner. Make sure you are taking your time and really enjoying the food that you're eating. I have found that if I try to eat while watching TV, playing on my computer, or reading, I actually don't pay attention to how much I am eating and tend to eat more.

Hopefully these suggestions help you out!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    You'll get better at controlling it. It takes time. :flowerforyou: