Fighting-How should I record this exercise?

Options
I work approximately 40 hours per week at a group home for Autistic children. At fairly regular intervals, I am called upon to restrain these children for the safety of themselves and those around them. Don't worry-I am trained in how to do this in a respectful and safe way, and do it only as a last resort. Nevertheless, I work with some of the most dangerous kids in the state and have the scars to prove that it is unfortunately necessary.
My question is, how do I record this exercise? It is strenuous for sure-my heart rate is always very elevated and I use my muscles to their highest ability, both to move quickly and to avoid injury. I've been recording this under "Tae Kwon Do" but I'm wondering if anyone has a better suggestion. Thoughts?

Replies

• johnsonjk
    johnsonjk Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would look at wrestling.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your work with special needs kids.

That said, you shouldn't log this as excersize, if its part of your daily routine. Adjust your activity level instead.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound like a daily thing? But I would just consider it a bonus. The only accurate way to track it is with a HRM monitor, but you're not gonna be thinkin, "OK, let me just turn this timer on and get a reading before I separate these kids."
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your work with special needs kids.

That said, you shouldn't log this as excersize, if its part of your daily routine. Adjust your activity level instead.

Ditto!
  • lunaephiliac
    Options
    it's not part of my daily routine-although it does happen more often than I would like. I usually only log it when it goes on for more than 15-20 minutes. sometimes it's as much as an hour or more, and then again sometimes it doesn't happen at all. wrestling is a good idea, and much more accurate. and who knows- maybe i will just consider it a bonus. thanks!