Eat ALL your calories??????

Options
So many success stories, so thought I'd check with ya'all. Is it true that you won't lose weight unless you eat all your required daily calories.

Replies

• hbarney
    hbarney Posts: 434
    Options
    I found that I am most successful when I eat most (if not all) of my calories. There were times when I really had to "force" myself to eat at least 1200 calories. That was hard for me to wrap my brain around-eat more, lose more but it works for me.
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    you will for a little while... but if you go into your goals, you will see that the deficit is taken before you even see it on you journal. so say before exercise it says to eat 1500 cals, & your goal is set to 1lb/ week.. its already set up for 2000 cals/day, and the defecit you dont even see.. but its there.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    To the OP, YES! You need to meet your calorie goal. That's why it's a GOAL and not a minimum or maximum.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    it's true for me.. i regularly eat all my base and exercise calories and i am definitely losing just fine *S*
    In fact, when i hit a plateau the only thing that moved me off it after a few weeks was finally 'getting it' that i needed to eat those exercise calories!
  • Tiffanydepiano
    Tiffanydepiano Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I just had this discussion with my dietician today.
    If you are burning more calories than you take in, you will lost weight. People in concentration camps were eating less than 600 calories a day and working if they could. They starved to death and were very thin. Okay, a little morbid but you get the point.
    Your body will go into starvation mode and try to hang on to weight if you are on very low cals, but if you are burning more than coming in, weight loss in inevitable.
    I am eating only 900 cals a day which would be considered starvation for most people but I am very obese 400+ when i started and am relatively sedentary. Medically that is low but still backed by a team of medical professionals.
    Hope that helps.
  • tattooedtwiin
    Options
    NOPE. If you have A LOT to lose your body won't go into starvation mode!
  • alapoint89
    Options
    yes its very true because either you lose muscle or your body will retain all the fats that you have in your body and that will force your body to go into starvation mode so do eat all your assigned calories i have 1200 and i eat 1200 what else i burn is what you will lose
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    11ea6584-b1ac-4131-a0ac-9aba330e8b08.jpg

Seriously though, yes.
  • Friend2U
    Options
    Sorry.
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I rarely hit my goals, I am more under 1200 a day than over. I am just really not hungry and I am not going to force myself to eat. I dont eat my exercise calorie either and I average 1-2 lbs a week loss. I really think it depends on the person. For me this way work for now but may change.....
  • Friend2U
    Options
    THANKS SO MUCH....ALL OF YOUR ANSWERS MADE ME UNDERSTAND IT MUCH BETTER. I APPRECIATE YOUR RESPONSES. :)
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I lose weight even if I don't eat them all. Apparently I'm the freak that doesn't go into starvation mode lol
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I am at 1200/day. I rarely eat all of my calories because I don't always get to exercise and I am afraid of going over. I usually come pretty close though. Yesterday I was 13 short, the day before I think I was 70-something short. I still lose weight regularly.
  • Armygirl67
    Armygirl67 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I rarely hit my goals, I am more under 1200 a day than over. I am just really not hungry and I am not going to force myself to eat. I dont eat my exercise calorie either and I average 1-2 lbs a week loss. I really think it depends on the person. For me this way work for now but may change.....

Im the same as you are..
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I am not going to say yes eat them or No not too.. but I have loss 148lbs and I did not eat them all back, I eat some of them back now only because I am toning and adding protein to my dieat and thats extra cals right there.. But Just listen to your body, everyone is different and different things work for them.. But Just letting you kow when I reach my Goal weight I will eat my cals back to maintain ;) Good luck Sweetie!!!!
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I've never hit my goal calories and I am losing.........but I do try and get as close as I can.................
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    So many success stories, so thought I'd check with ya'all. Is it true that you won't lose weight unless you eat all your required daily calories.

You might still lose weight without eating ALL your calories, but I believe the chances of sucess are higher if you do eat them ALL. Plus food is yummy.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You need to eat all you goal calories and any earned from exercise. If you don't you will not lose.
    Click on the search botton and ask your question and you will find all the info you need.
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Edited by moderator.

NOBODY said that she should eat OVER her goal, or that she should eat any of that JUNK. They were advising eating AT her goal plus exercise calories (which should raise the goal anyway).

Edited to add:
    When I was stuck at the same weight for almost 4 months, I went UP to maintenance level, and then I started losing again, at maintenance. Found out the hard way that my body wanted more calories each day in order to lose. It SUCKS that I could have been eating 400+ more calories everyday than I was that whole time and continue losing weight instead of being stuck.
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Sorry.
    Don't be. Some people are just inconsiderate of others.