Very Motivated Now!

Options
I have been struggling with my weight for all of my life and I didn't realize how severe it was until recently. I was having a conversation with a friend and somehow I recalled getting to school early in 3rd grade to make sure I had time to special order a salad so I wouldn't have to eat the "unhealthy" school lunch since I was overweight. I hadn't realized that I had been bothered by my weight as young as the age of 8 years old. I now know by looking back at my growth during my younger years that I honestly was not a fat child. I just matured faster than the people around me and maintained that weight until everyone else caught up to me. When I graduated highschool (4 years ago) I weighed 150 lbs with a 5ft large frame. I know now that my ideal body weight for my stature is about 116 pounds so when I was at 150 lbs and had a BMI of 29 my health was not in danger and that I could have started eating better and excersising more then to lose a few pounds to reach an ideal body weight. I just think sometimes if I could go back to that 150 lbs I would be more comfortable with myself and take more pride in my healthy figure. Since graduating highschool in 2007 I have had a lot of new stresses and obstacles to overcome and I have dealt with them by eating. In the past four years I have gained 65 pounds and I have lost 10 of those so far. In the past two months I have made quite a few life changing decisions. After being a caregiver to my mother for 8 years her disease has progressed to the point where we, as a family, had to put her in a nursing home. A week after checking her into the nursing home my sister and I decided to move out of the house where we had a lived with my mother for so long and get into a place of our own. With that move we had to go through all of my mothers stuff and box somethings and throw somethings away which was a hard thing to do. We got settled into our new place just a couple of days before I started my last year of college. I am currently taking 18 hours to finish up my nutrtion and dietetics degree plan and graduate in May. I now have plenty of time to get my school stuff finished since mom is no longer in the house. This is my first college semester to not be juggling school and the care of my mother and I already feel more prepared and able to do well at school. On top of graduating in May and all of the life changes taking place in my home life I also have an amazing man in my life who asked my to be his wife two months ago! I am incredibly excited to be planning our wedding, finishing up school and graduating so we can get married and start our life together. I would like to take all of the new things in my life and use them as motivation to get my extra weight off that I have gained over the past four years. I believe 100% that the weight I have gained is directly related to the stress of my mothers illness and juggling the household duties that went along with her being sick. I know now that with some of the major stress factors in my life no longer being an everyday occurance I can lose this weight and become a happier, better me. This post is kind of lengthy and a little misorganized. I hope to form some friendships on here to help motivate me and in return I hope to help motivate others and reach my weight loss goals.

Replies