hi

Options
ive finally gotten up the nerve to write a bit of an intro on myself after lurking for a few weeks.
im new here and my name is Aimee- I live in Minnesota and will be 38 next month. Have about 40 lbs to lose. ouch- how'd that happen? :) One day my size 8 jeans were tight and then I guess I just kept buying new jeans.

I've tried numerous times over the years to lose it- only the lose and gain the same 5 lbs back. I think I've finally had enough of that endless cycle and am ready to gain some control over my body!

I'm loving all the great tools on here and the community aspect.
If anyone else out there has around 40 ish lbs to lose I'd love to be "Friends" and support each other along the way!

Aimee

Replies

• nancy2133
    Options
    Hi Aimee -- I live in Oregon and I am 37 - going to be 38 in January and have about 40lbs to lose (at least). That is just a first goal. I agree -- I had pants and next thing I know --- I don't even have pants that fit that are bigger than I have ever bought before. I am married and have 2 children ages 4 and 7. So, while I would like to blame the baby weight -- it's really about me and mostly how i eat. I literally brand new to this - I just signed up minutes ago and your post was one of the first things I saw and was so much like what I need to do. Would love to have someone to bounce ideas off of that understands how hard this is.

Sincerely
    -Nancy-
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. You can get plenty of support from this site. We are all in this battle together.
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Bumping your post to the top!