lumps under skin

Options
Hi,
I have noticed more profound pea-sized lumps under my skin in the past few years. I am about 60 lbs overweight, and almost 50 years old. I find these lumps particularly around my rib cage and I can also feel them just under the skin layer pretty much everywhere when I search for them. Is this what cellulite is? Are they fat deposits? Does anyone have experience with this and any info about it?

Replies

• sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I have noticed more profound pea-sized lumps under my skin in the past few years. I am about 60 lbs overweight, and almost 50 years old. I find these lumps particularly around my rib cage and I can also feel them just under the skin layer pretty much everywhere when I search for them. Is this what cellulite is? Are they fat deposits? Does anyone have experience with this and any info about it?
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what they are........but anything on your body that you are unsure of or causes concern should be brought to the attention of a healthcare proffessional :flowerforyou:

Hope all is ok with you {hugs}
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    It may be cellulite, but just in case it isn't I'd go to your doctor and get it checked out.
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I did go to see my family doctor, and he didn't seem concerned about it. He said he didn't know if they were fat deposits, but he "wasn't worried about it". He is actually a pretty good doctor, and usually very thorough, so I was puzzled that he didn't know or seem concerned. Maybe I will ask for a referral to someone else.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I had lumps under my skin and my Dr told my they were infected hair follicles. If you are worried about it go to your dr.
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    A second opinion is never a bad idea.....you can always request tests...Xrays, MRIs, CAT scans, and so on. Be persistant if nothing else, it will put your mind at ease :flowerforyou: