Compliment?

Options
First, let me start by saying that I've always been described as "the girl with the pretty face" or "cute". Never in my life have I ever gotten ready to go out somewhere looking my best and expected someone to compliment me on how I look. Don't get me wrong, I always accept compliments graciously, but never anticipate them.
Anyways. Today while I was running at a nearby park around a lake, I passed this lady once who was walking two dogs and smiled at her. The second time I saw her around the lake I had stopped to stretch and when I saw her again, I paused my ipod and told her that she had really beautiful dogs. At that point she looked at me and said "you're beautiful, and you're getting good time around the lake".
At that moment I honestly had no words. The only person in my life that has ever called me beautiful has been my father. I couldn't respond to her because that was the last thing I would expect someone who I didn't even know to say to me.
Today made me realize that I have more than just a physical obstacle to work on but a mental one as well, and I'm looking forward to it :]

Replies

• ktbug82
    ktbug82 Posts: 166
    Options
    That's great! I'm so happy for you! :)
  • kallibrae
    kallibrae Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful! <33
    Doesn't it feel amazing when you least expect it? You deserve everything good coming your way!
    So glad I found ya on here lady :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    This is lovely. I'm very happy for you.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    What a great compliment! That is so awesome! It really is the little things from random people that help us realize what we should have already known.

The other morning when I was running, a little old lady clapped for me as I went by. She made my day, and I ran home a little bit faster.
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Get it! better get used to it lol!
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful story for a beautiful you! Fabulous!!! :heart:
  • overzoelous
    overzoelous Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful! <33
    Doesn't it feel amazing when you least expect it? You deserve everything good coming your way!
    So glad I found ya on here lady :)

You are the sweetest person in the world. I wish you lived closer so we could do fun things, like run and watch movies and make healthy decisions. Bahahahah <333333
  • overzoelous
    Options
    What a great compliment! That is so awesome! It really is the little things from random people that help us realize what we should have already known.

The other morning when I was running, a little old lady clapped for me as I went by. She made my day, and I ran home a little bit faster.

That's the cutest thing everrrrrr
  • overzoelous
    Options
    Thanks friends. You're all wonderful :]
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I think all three of your faces are beautiful, but am curious about the condition of your shirt neck holes.

Seriously, good story. My favorite part was your self-awareness and positive attitude:
    Today made me realize that I have more than just a physical obstacle to work on but a mental one as well, and I'm looking forward to it :]
    I love that response. It sounds like the words of someone on the path to success.
  • kallibrae
    kallibrae Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! <3
    I know, right?! Why can't you live closer?!! We would have so many fun and random times lol.