Newb with a new Heart Rate Monitor

Options
Hey guys!

I'm new to weight loss and fitness. This is my first serious try. I thought I would buy a HR monitor but I need advice.

What do I do with it?! LOL

Do I wear it all day? Do I let it count the calories burned throughout an entire day and log those?
Do I wear it only when active?

I bought the Sportline Solo 915 Heart Rate Watch... is it a good one? Should I take it back? Keep it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• myurk
    myurk Posts: 108
    Options
    Don't wear it all day. Just wear it when you are exercising to accurately measure how many calories you burned. MFP has already estimated how many calories you burn in the day based on your lifestyle.
  • TaraTLC83
    TaraTLC83 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm going to return this one. I just set it up and put it on and realized it will be really annoying. You have to hold your finger on the sensor for 8 seconds in order for it to read your HR. That will not work while jogging or during a fitness class.

Any suggestions for monitors that don't require a chest strap? I think that would be horridly annoying.

Thanks!
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Get the polar ft4. It requires a chest strap but you will not even realize your wearing it. Plus u don't have to hold down a finger sensor to get your heart rate. I love mine!