new ipod touch

Options
just got an ipod touch and lookin for some good songs to put on it, so come on all you mfpers, give me some good music to put on this puppy! please and thank you :)

Replies

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit eclectic with my music, but I've currently got Phantom of the Opera, "Lose Yourself"(Eminem), "Eye of the Tiger," Chariots of Fire theme song, Motley Crue, Bon Jovi, Carrie Underwood, Flatfoot 56, and alot of variety on my running playlist...
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Stating the obvious it does come down to taste.

Some of photgrrl's choices I like, some I don't, some I don't know - each to their own.

Seeing as you are asking though, being in the mid-40's I love the songs of my youth (70's-80's).

On my 8mile outdoor walk on Saturday, there was Pink Floyd through to Vangelis, Jacksons and many one-hit wonders of the era.

Funnily enough, I like Chariots of Fire (probably pick it when I am first able to run a mile), Bill Conti's Rocky 1 theme song (Gonna Fly Now) is one to pep-me-up for the day. I like Van Halen 5150 stuff, and being Aussie, INXS Swing is also a fave.

A friend of my uses her iPhone while on the treadmill and has her tracks listed in BPM order to increase pace as she goes, whereas I have different BPM's (I press SHUFFLE) to mix up my pace (walking, jogging, stretching out to Vangelis). We both love Fleetwood Mac and Little River Band.

Lastly, sometimes the music matches the mood - a nice sunrise to 'New Age', through to a good paced march on the radio for a steady pace. My 8mile walk the other day, believe it or not, ended with "Can You Feel It" by the Jackson 5 !!!

Most short walks I don't even use music. This clears my head some days !

Gary