I was craving pizza today so.....

Options
roblow65
roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
I took 4 corn tortillas, put them on a griddle over high heat to get them a little crunchy. Then I put 8 tablespoons pizza sauce, 2 tbls per pizza, a little cheese (1/3 cup divided between the 4) and loaded them with onions, green peppers, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Then I put them in a 425* oven to melt the cheese and crisp-en it up a little more. They were actually really good and satisfied my craving!
How do you kick a pizza craving?

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: That sounds AWESOME!! Congratulations for finding a creative, healthier substition for Pizza Craving!!
  • roblow65
    Options
    By the way, this is for eating all 4 "pizzas"...

Calories: 633 Carbs: 104 Fat: 17 Protein: 19
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    I was craving pizza today too, so I ate two slices...ugh! At least I had enough calories to do it but I still feel bad that I did. Wish I would have seen your recipe before I ate them! Good for you!!!!!!! : )
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I have used a whole wheat pocketless pita.....1/2 T olive oil, 1/4 shredded mozzarella, veggies, mushrooms, meat (have used ground cooked venison hamburger, shrimp, chicken) artichokes....little garlic salt/ powder and broil in oven for less than 10 minutes....super yummy!
  • cherylnadine
    Options
    I make english muffin pizzas... I use the whole wheat english muffins, with pizza sauce and I buy the turkey bite pepperettes, one will do for one English muffin... they are really good...
  • roblow65
    Options
    Those sound great too!
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i just have pizza and make sure i enjoy it .... and don't regret it. i love pizza.
  • craftydeb
    craftydeb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I use 90-calorie Flatout Flat bread for my pizzas.....and I totally LOAD it up with stuff (no meat tho) and one entire piece of "bread pizza" will serve two.....or one very hungry person (426 cal per serving)
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    My hubby makes me a homemade pizza using a thin boboli crust with measured pizza sauce, cheese and turkey pepperoni and I eat 1/4 of a 12 inch pizza it is only 330 calories and OMG is it delicious!!!!!
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    i just have pizza and make sure i enjoy it .... and don't regret it. i love pizza.

same here. though i will order an individual sized one, so i don't eat more than i should. i had a margharita pizza last week, a thai chicken one the time before that, and a spicey perogy pizza- it has sliced potatoes, bacon cheese and sour cream...yum!

but the lower cal homemade ones are yummy too, i like to use half a piece of naan bread as my crust, or those flat breads that are a little thicker and chewy. the bread is the majority of the cals anyways...so make it tasty!
  • hfrost1978
    Options
    bump
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of thin crust pizza without cheese and loaded with veggies.
  • alta818
    alta818 Posts: 12
    Options
    I make my own whole wheat crust, veggie filled pizza! I count the calories in it, and make it DELICIOUS!