•1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
•2 teaspoons ground cumin
•2 teaspoons paprika
•3 teaspoons salt, or to taste
•1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
•1 cup heavy cream
•1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions
1. In a large bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, black pepper, ginger, and 4 teaspoons salt. Stir in chicken, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.

2. Preheat a grill for high heat.

3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Thread chicken onto skewers, and discard marinade. Grill until juices run clear, about 5 minutes on each side.

4. Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and jalapeno for 1 minute. Season with 2 teaspoons cumin, paprika, and 3 teaspoons salt. Stir in tomato sauce and cream. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes. Add grilled chicken, and simmer for 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, and garnish with fresh cilantro.

GARLIC BASIL NAAN:
Ingredients
1 teaspoon dried active yeast
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup warm water, about 110?F
1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more as needed while kneading
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup clarified butter or vegetable oil, plus 1 teaspoon
**I put minced garlic mixed w/melted butter on top of the naan and sprinkle with chopped basil or cilantro prior to baking**

Directions
In a glass measuring cup, combine the yeast and sugar. Add the water and stir well. Let rest until foamy, about 5 minutes.

Sift together the flour and salt into a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour and pour the yeast mixture and oil into the center. Mix together with your fingers until a smooth dough forms, working in a small amount of additional flour as needed. Knead for 3 minutes.

Oil a small bowl with the remaining butter or oil. Place the dough into the bowl, turning to coat, and let rest until doubled in size, about 1 hour.

Preheat the oven to 400°F.

Divide the dough into 6 pieces and gently roll into 6 circles on a lightly floured surface.

Bake on a baking stone, or a lightly greased baking sheet, until just golden brown and puffed, about 12 minutes.

Serve immediately.

INDIAN BASMATI RICE:
Ingredients
•1 3/4 cups water
•1 cup Basmati rice
•1/4 cup frozen green peas
•1 teaspoon cumin seeds
Directions
1. In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.

2. When rice is cooked, stir in peas and cumin. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.

Replies

• jgoff3003
    jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    SOUNDS GREAT THANKS...how many does it serve?
  • Kaecklund
    Kaecklund Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Been a while since I made it... I'd say it serves 4-5? When I made it me and my roommate would be so full and there'd still be leftovers for later! It's so good - I need to make it again soon!
  • skinnnyxoxo
    skinnnyxoxo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Nice recipes.
    Indian food is absolutely wonderful!