Body Pump - Killer!

Options
2»

Replies

• nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Are you SURE it doesnt build muscle, as I really dont want to adopt the body builder look?

There is no way you'd be lifting enough in Pump class to adopt 'the body builder look'. However if you want to reshape your body, you need to build muscle.
  • melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Agree agree agree! :-)

I love BODYPUMP. I have just restarted (twice a week) and I'm already noticing a difference in my shape and strength. I am not "bulking up" as a look of women worry about. But I am developing lean and toned muscles, which we all know help burn the fat quicker and more effectively. Plus a bit muscle looks better than a bit of fat.

Seriously... stick with it. I saw some real results last time - helped me lose 3 stone 10 years ago. So I was quick to rejoin now I'm back on the weightloss train....

Don't lift beyond your means, keep the weight low and the reps up. You should feel exhausted after each track (as if you've really worked the muscle group) and the next morning aching - is also normal. You aren't used to exercises or weights, it WILL get easier.

Can you tell... I love it ! :)
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    It appears that LOVING BP is the general consensus :heart:

How long did it take you to lose the 3 stone and what else did you incorporate into your fitness regime? How many BP classes did you do a week?
  • melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    It appears that LOVING BP is the general consensus :heart:

How long did it take you to lose the 3 stone and what else did you incorporate into your fitness regime? How many BP classes did you do a week?

It was slow and gradual (the best way right!) over about a year or so. I did BP twice a week, and then spinning twice a week too. I was follow WeightWatchers eating plan too. I wanted to do it slowly and heathily.

Loving being back on it.. x