OATMEAL OMG

Options

Replies

• GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Personally, I mess up oatmeal whenever I try to make the steel cut oats. I have found an instant oatmeal that is fantastic though. Nature's Path Organic Instant Hot Oatmeal Flax Plus w/ Omega-3. I add some raisins and cinnamon and I'm good to go.
  • nanawhitt
    Options
    I like to add a tablespoon of raisins, a tablespoon of toasted pecans and brown sugar and cinnamon to taste. You can sweeten with less brown sugar than white and it tastes better.
  • softballmom33
    softballmom33 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I love Bob's Red Mill 5 Grain with Flax I have it every morning. Just pop in microwave for 2 minutes. Add fresh fruit or raisins, sweetener and a small splash of 2% milk. Yum!!!!
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I eat the instant oatmeal everyday. I am inspired by these recipes and trying new things! thanks for posting!
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal with frozen blueberries and some strawberries. I also frequently add in protein powder, SF maple syrup, or lately Trader Joe's pumpkin butter.
  • llovegrove
    llovegrove Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I eat OAtmeal every morning! 75 ways to love your Oatmael by Jenny Grothe is the best book ever!!!!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal + Protein Powder. BROATMEAL.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i didnt really like oatmeal that much, and i tried it with protein powder... no bueno. but when i put two tablesoons of peanut butter in it, it was increedibleh. and one week i accidentally bought the chunky kind of pb, and it was amazing. it was like i was tasting happiness.
  • annarouni
    annarouni Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I put a half cup of frozen blueberries in the bottom of the bowl. Then after the quick cook oats are cooked, pour them over the top of the blueberries. The hot cereal thaws the berries, and the cold berries cool off the cooked cereal. It is the perfect combination for me. Others might like it too :)
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    peanut butter
    flax meal
    honey
    berries
    agave
    little salt
    egg whites

infact, here's a sight full of AMAZING ideas!

http://www.stephaniedotfitness.com/search/label/Oatmeals
  • derynb
    derynb Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have 1/4 cup of rolled oats, add about same of water, one minute on high, add about a 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries, zap it for another minute, then put a big dollop of vanilla yoghurt on the top.....yummy !!
  • 707janette
    707janette Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    i use instant packets of plain oatmeal. If I were to make oatmeal then I would make and eat too big of a portion. I have it about 5 times per week. I aways put some kind of fruit in it usually apple or berries. I like to add walnuts or slivered almonds sometimes raisons, cinnamin and sometimes add some sugarfree syurp to sweeten it.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Most mornings I mix 1/2 cup of old fashioned oatmeal with 1 cup of water and 1 tsp of brown sugar and microwave it for 2 minutes 30 seconds. Then I stir 1 Tbsp of peanut butter into it and sprinkle 1/2 Tbsp of mini chocolate chips on top (chocolate has antioxidants...really it does). It's reasonably healthy and incredibly filling. I used to stay away from oatmeal because I was starving 2 hours after breakfast but the tablespoon of peanut butter does wonders in my opinion.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    i LOVE oatmeal- i eat the maple/brown sugar packets because when i try to make it myself i end up going way over the calories of the packet. i'm so used to making it with milk but it adds in so many calories, but i recently bought unsweetened coconut milk, and use that instead of milk. it only adds like 25 calories for a half-cup and some of the creaminess the milk adds is saved, and it's the PERFECT texture :D

...i'm hungry for oatmeal now :'(

Have you tried making it with almond milk? The unsweetened vanilla almond milk adds great flavor with very few calories.
  • ajb108
    Options
    Love oatmeal. Breakfast tomorrow is Quaker quick oats with an apple and cinnamon. Can't wait!
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup old fashioned (NOT quick)
    cover with water
    nuke for 3 minutes
    add 1/2 cup pumpkin
    1/2 milk
    sweetener of choice
    3 walnut halves.

= YUM!!!
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I peel & chop an apple into cubes, add to a bowl with splash of water then cover in a ton of cinnamon. Microwave covered for 3 min, then add in oatmeal and a bit more water, nuke another minute. Top with sugar free vanilla yogurt, frozen blueberries and chopped walnuts.

Easy-peasy, fast and tastes like dessert!
  • lgro1086
    Options
    i am new to eating healthy...what exactly is steel cut oatmeal?
  • melkithall
    melkithall Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love having oatmeal in the morning, warms me right up. I have this topping I won at a Pampered Chef party called Sweet Apple Sprinkle. I put some of that on my oatmeal and it's delicious and only 15 calories per serving.