New to My Fitness Pal

Options
Hi,
My name is Jennifer. I am 40 years old-married-3 kids (13, 10, 3)-stay at home mom. In 2006, I found out that I had thyroid cancer, and my thyroid was removed. Ever since then, losing weight has been a real challenge for me. I am not necessarily overweight-I would just like to lose 10-15 pounds. I have a terrible sweet tooth that seems to come alive after 8pm! I also love carbs of just about any kind! I can get motivated for 2-3 days, and then I just totally fall off the wagon. I am hoping that by staying accountable on My Fitness Pal, I can make some progress.

Replies

• sophs87
    sophs87 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me; I am in the same boat - only about 10-15lbs to lose but my sweet tooth destroys me every time!!
  • staylorim
    staylorim Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennifer. My name is Shawn. I'm 44 and married with a 15 year old daughter. I previously had Hyperthyroidism, but since having a portion of my thyroid removed, I now have Hypothyroidism. Previously I couldn't keep weight on, but since going Hypo, I can't get it off. My goal is to lose 30 lbs and I feel like I'm finally motivated enough to achieve my goal. I just joined myfitnesspal yesterday and love it so far. I was told by several physicians that in order to keep our metabolism going, we should eat ~300 calories every 3 hours. I'm planning to give it a try and we'll see what happens. Good Luck!
  • deejjordanfitness
    Options
    Jennifer, The great thing about logging your food it keeps you accountable. One thing I see with my clients is, not drinking enough water-(over 80oz a day or half your body weight. Another is eating enough calories. Hope this will help! Also join a 90 day challenge, sign up for a 5k, all about setting goals! DJ