Fast Food

Options
I have had fast food twice this week. I didn't go over my Calorie intake on both days but was wondering if that will still affect my weight loss.

Replies

• kris2600
    kris2600 Posts: 149
    Options
    I have had fast food twice this week. I didn't go over my Calorie intake on both days but was wondering if that will still affect my weight loss.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    You might retain water due to the sodium in it. I wouldn't make a habit of it... What with the high fat and low nutrient value
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    I think it could...because fast food is full of sodium and fats....all calories are not alike....I eat no fast food.......My son gave up all fast food in March 2008 and has lost over 100 pounds so far....Good luck on your journey to good health....
  • altazin0907
    altazin0907 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I think the key is moderation and portion control. I feel as though you should not eat fast food everyday but sometimes there is no choice and as long as you don't go over your calories you should be fine. The only advice I would give is go to the website of that fast food chain and make sure the calories listed on mfp is the same as the fast food site. I have found alot of items are wrong for the good and the bad so just be careful.:wink:
  • abelb
    abelb Posts: 14
    Options
    new reports show that as long as you stay within your daily caloric limits, you shouldn't worry.,but be aware that fast food is really greasy and contains high amounts of fat,cholesterol,sodium trans fat and much more nastiness. dont beat yourself up about it though. if you diet well you should treat yourself to a cheat meal.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Calories is what determines weight loss. This will not affect your true weight loss. If however, you ate fast food the day prior to your weigh in you might see some added water weight due to the sodium.

You don't want to make a habit of Fast Food, because it's high in calories and low in nutrition. If you were to eat it everyday you would find it very hard to stay in your calories and would probably stray from your plan.

Likewise, an occasional indulgence is a good thing. You have to feel like you are still among the living and get to have some fun now and then or you'll become board and stray.

Moderation and balance are a good thing.
  • kris2600
    kris2600 Posts: 149
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I don't normal eat out but maybe twice a month, and then its usually subway but Wed and Fri(today) I spent almost all day out and I could have waited to get home before I ate but I have a 2 year old and a 1 year old and waiting for them is really hard so I allowed myself the endulgence. Although it was really good :wink: I always feel fatter just from eating one meal wrong :grumble: And the calories I consumed in one meal ......:noway: :sad: Well, lets just say I didn't get dinner. So I just thought I would check to make sure I was ok
  • KLS10
    KLS10 Posts: 127
    Options
    I think it depends on the fast food that you have, also I have gone through days where I am feeling so down on myself that I get fast food twice.. in one day! So, I wouldnt be too hard on yourself for it. Just think about how tommorrow is another day and since you got the craving out yesterday today is a new start! The sodum and fat might be bad but as long as you excersize you can probably make up for eating it as long as you didn't consume 10,000 calories!