My 10 Little NSV's... do you have more?

Options
snookumss
snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
So I am about 13lbs down, and it feels great to know I am nearly halfway to my first goal weight of 170 :D WOOHOO! I've been noticing a lot of little things:

1. I've lost an inch in my waist and chest :)

2. That looming, veering, sneering, mocking double chin is GONE :D

3. I was about a size 14, and now I estimate I am down to a 12 (I just HAD to wear a belt the other day!).

4. I already have much more energy!

5. My BF seems to have noticed my changes (we all know how much of a change that takes!).

6. I went to Jack in the Box, looked all over the menu and found a lower calorie, healthier lookin food (Chicken Fajita Pita). Ordered it, opened it up and saw it had cheese. I immediately started pulling it off! I LOVE cheese! I didn't even have to talk myself out of eating the cheese, i just started yanking it off!!!

7. I seem to have a bit more self control when it comes to bad foods when I am at the grocery store. I glare at the candy bars, skip the sodas and tasty starbucks bottles...

8. It was too late to get my americano coffee the other night, so I ordered an iced coffee at Jack in the Box the other night. It wasn't astronomical in calories, so I figured it couldn't be too bad. I took a sip, and it was HORRENDOUSLY SWEET! I was so confused! Last summer, I drank those like nothing else! I couldn't even drink more than two sips... it just tasted horrible to me! My BF finished it for me :D

9. My Calves look more shapely :)

10. I realized, I can no longer consider myself a 200 pounder. I am down below 190, so I can't just round it up that far anymore! "D

I've been noticing lots of baby changes, list as many as you can think of!!! :D

Replies

• JanetTerry
    JanetTerry Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! FOllowing in your footsteps!
    23 lbs down....
    had to use tighter notches on my bra this morning and now wearing some jeans that BARELY buttoned when I bought them and I dont even have to unbutton or unzip them to go to the bathroom We're talkin' SUCCESS here!! So proud o fyou! All I have drank in the past several weeks is water or 1% milk. I THOUGHT I wanted a cup of coffee yesterday but I was terribly wrong. It was super gross and could NOT NOT NOT drink it. AMEN!!
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Good job! Keep it up and you will be at your goal in no time.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    WOOOHOOO! I just had these little NSV's just adding up, and not too many peeps to blabber on about them! It feels great right??? You just might have to reward yourself with new jeans!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    all the little things add up..congrats on them all..keep going :drinker:
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    WOOOHOOO! I just had these little NSV's just adding up, and not too many peeps to blabber on about them! It feels great right??? You just might have to reward yourself with new jeans!
    I did, and now they're too big as well! WOOHOO!!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Congrats to your NSV's, those are great!

I am fairly new to this but I have a few!

1. I have more energy

2. I feel good all the time (healthier and happier)

3. My dr. complimented me at my weight loss (even though it was only 8 lbs at the time)

4. My measurements have gone down.

5. I believe I see a difference in the mirror, even though no one else has commented yet on it.

6. My hubby said my stomach no longer sticks out as far past my boobs as it used to. (This "compliment" made my day!)

7. We were getting ready for our vacation to Mexico, I pulled out a bin of old clothes just for kicks and tried on some shorts. They fit perfectly instead of me having to suck in my stomach to button and zipper them! I had not worn those shorts since last summer and they were a bit snug back then.

I love the NSV's they are such motivators!
  • sweetxsour35
    Options
    Congratulations! Aren't NSV's great?

I do have my own to share as well--

I like to go horseback riding and needed a pair of knee-high leather boots. A couple months ago, when I started shopping around, it was ridiculously difficult to find a pair that fit my large calves. I finally did the next week, but they just barely fit. I couldn't zip up the back without difficulty in even the thinnest pants. It's been 3 weeks since I started MFP, and 6 since I bought my boots. When I wore the boots again after not wearing them for 2 weeks, all I could say was "Wow!" They zipped up more easily than ever, and I was even wearing a thick pair of pants! Soon I might have to (regretfully) put them up for sale and find new ones.
  • Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I know what it's like to be a 200 pounder (my highest weight was about 205).
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Well done great job
  • Nicolasina
    Options
    That's wonderful! Keep up the good work :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!