Heavier AFTER shower??!!

Options

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Did anyone else notice the thread was started in 2011, and someone just commented on it?

It happens.... :laugh:
  • Soulpaint
    Soulpaint Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow. This is quite the 2 year old thread for someone to revive today. Very important information here :grumble:
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    This one's easy - water weight

ETA: Or towel weight...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    The same thing just happened to me...that's how I came across this post, looking for answers! I weighed myself before I got in the shower and gained 4.2 lbs upon getting out, just 15 min. later. I thought it was the wet hair so I dried it and dried off thoroughly and that only accounted for .9lbs. I researched the body absorbing water and everything I've read says that a hot shower actually causes a slight weight loss. I have a water softener and am now researching the effects of this on the body but haven't found anything credible yet. I've done the 5lb gain before during that time of the month but this was just random and a 15 min. difference.
    ....it does not appear to have been bumped for humor according to this post by the bumper. i really do suggest not weighing daily especially after my experience of weiiging weekly during my 25 lb loss and the the experiment of indulging my frrquent weighing tendencies when allowing myself a scale in the home. the weekly weighing reflected my steady losses. the multiple times a day weighing varied wildly and if i had not already gained trust in calories in calories out might have derailed me with their nonsensical swings.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options

I mean come on now, men have it easy.

You don't know what it feels like to catch a line drive in the nuts and almost lose a testicle :laugh:

:sad:
  • Secretsundays
    Options
    Never, ever, ever weigh yourself after you shower. You'd be much heavier (by around 2-5lbs).
    Weigh yourself as soon as you wake up (go to the bathroom if you need to first though).
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    It's funny how getting on those scales with extra items adds extra weight innit? ;-)
  • XBeccaboo
    XBeccaboo Posts: 1
    Options
    You could be like bloated or something, period maybe?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You could be like bloated or something, period maybe?

I'm not sure if you read through the comments of the thread? You might have noticed that 1. this thread is several years old and 2. the OP weighed with wet hair and a towel on her head, which explains the added weight. Scales weight whatever you put on them, including anything you're wearing, what's in your pockets, food in your stomach, and, in this case, the extra water in her hair and the weight of the towel plus whatever water had been absorbed by the towel.

Mystery solved.
  • lornakb
    lornakb Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I just did this i was 249 before my hot bath and 254 after !!
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My digital scale is quirky. I have to turn it on, step on it then step off. Wait for it to turn off and the turn it on again without moving it. The first time I turn it on I weigh 4lbs less than the 2nd. I always use the higher reading.
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Are you showering with heavy water?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Did anyone else notice the thread was started in 2011, and someone just commented on it?

Again. And again. And again.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,925 Member
    Options

Again. And again. And again.

Hey: you had your say already in 2014 :smiley:
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,082 Member
    Options
    Hilarious how people are still giving answers for OP 7 years later!!! :o:D:*

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Do zombies weigh more after taking a shower?
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I weighed myself this morning. It was right after I came out of the shower. The scale showed a gain (gasp) of FIVE pounds (gasp, gasp!!). ((I must also add here that I weigh-in almost daily, and up until today I was losing - another 1.3 pounds to be exact))

Now, this might be the most ridiculous question EVER, buuuuut, does your body absorb water in the shower, to the point of reflecting a higher number on the scale if you get on it directly after said shower??

All I know is a 5 pound gain is CRAZINESS. Especially since I have been so good so far - same as last week, when I had a loss, so, I am left to wonder WTF??

Really hoping this gain was just "water weight"... ;P
    Worrying about nothing, just weigh yourself in the same situation every day...in my case, I wake up...go to the bathroom and then weigh myself with as little clothes as possible (naked would be best), that's the most accurate way of doing it.