What movie did you just watch?

Options
_Ben
_Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
Hey guys, Im a massive movie watcher, cant get enough of them. I have a harddrive with about 800 movies, most I have not seen, but constantly looking for more. Heres how this works

Movie Title:
Who is in it?:
Brief Summary:
Type of Recommendation (Rent, Buy, Watch on TV, Pass) [Even if its still in theaters btw):
Stars out of 5
Comments:

For Example:

Movie: Blow
Whose in it: Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz
Brief summary: An american drug dealer who progresses from selling marijuana to cocaine, and how he made a fortune and lost it all.
Recommendation: Rent
Stars: 4 out of 5
Comments: This was a movie my girl and I picked at random. Turned out to be pretty good. The only reason Id say its a rent is I wouldnt say it has a lot of stuff youd want to go back and watch again, but defiantly worth seeing

Replies

• RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Movie Title: Kindergarten Cop
    Who is in it?: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Penelope Ann Miller, Pamela Reed, Richard Tyson
    Brief Summary: Schwarzenegger stars as John Kimble, a tough police detective, who must go undercover as a kindergarten teacher to catch drug dealer Cullen Crisp (Richard Tyson), before Crisp can get to his ex-wife and son, while along the way he discovers his passion for teaching. Pamela Reed plays his partner Phoebe O'Hara, and Penelope Ann Miller plays Joyce, the teacher who becomes Kimble's love interest.
    Type of Recommendation (Rent, Buy, Watch on TV, Pass) [Even if its still in theaters btw): I bought it a while back on iTunes. Watched on my computer.
    Stars out of 5: 4
    Comments: Cute movie and has a lot of great scenes. It is an older one but a good one.
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i didn't i was on my crosstrainer DOING EXERSICE shame on you all! lol :laugh:
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Movie Title: The Birdcage ( DON'T JUDGE ME)
    Who is in it?: Robin Williams
    Brief Summary: Gay parents meet conservative Republican folks of their son's fiancee.
    Type of Recommendation (Rent, Buy, Watch on TV, Pass) [Even if its still in theaters btw): Rent
    Stars out of 5 (My opinion) 5!

Comments: Hilarious! I love this movie!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Come on guys, I need more movies, still have 500gb left on my 2tb harddrive!
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Paranormal activity 2! Getting all pre-pared for when the 3rd comes out in october!! :D
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Movie: Bridesmaids
    Who is in it? Mya Ruldolph from SNL..
    brief summery. Girl gets engaged and asks best friend to be maid of honner. best friend is a doormat and lets another woman steal her thunder and nearly wrecks her friendship with bride to be. Except the movie is way funnier than how I described it.
    Type of Recommendation (Rent, Buy, Watch on TV, Pass) [Even if its still in theaters btw): Rent or buy/
    stars out of 5. 4 1/2 cause it takes almost the whole movie before the messed up chick stands up for herself.
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    The last 4 movies i've seen!

Movie Title: Trust
    Who is in it?: Clive Owen, Katherine Keener, Noah Emmerich (directed by David "Ross" Schwimmer)
    Brief Summary: suburban family is torn apart when fourteen-year-old Annie meets her first boyfriend online. After months of communicating via online chat and phone, Annie discovers her friend is not who he originally claimed to be. Shocked into disbelief, her parents are shattered by their daughter's actions and struggle to support her as she comes to terms with what has happened to her once innocent life.
    Type of Recommendation (Rent, Buy, Watch on TV, Pass) [Even if its still in theaters btw): Watch on TV
    Stars out of 5 : ***
    Comments: David Schwimmer made a good first movie but it's lacking something. Clive Owen gives a brilliant performance, though

Movie Title: Yes Man
    Who is in it?: Jim Carrey, Zooey Deschanel
    Brief Summary: Carl Allen is at a standstill. No future... Until the day he enrolls into a personal development program based on a very simple idea: say yes to everything! Carl discovers with amazement the magical power of "Yes", and sees his professional and romantic life turned upside down overnight: an unexpected promotion and a new girlfriend. But he'll soon discover that better can be good's enemy, and that all opportunities shouldn't be taken.
    Type of Recommendation (Rent, Buy, Watch on TV, Pass) [Even if its still in theaters btw): Pass
    Stars out of 5 : **
    Comments: I hate movies that can't decide between serious and funny. There are a few good things in the film, though, like the super cute Zooey and the Harry Potter party.

Movie Title: Jennifer's Body
    Who is in it?: Megan Fox, Amanda Seyfried, Adam Brody
    Brief Summary: Nerdy reserved bookworm Needy, and arrogant, conceited cheerleader Jennifer are best friends, though they share little in common. They share even less in common when Jennifer mysteriously gains an appetite for human blood after a disastrous fire at a local bar. As Needy's male classmates are steadily killed off in gruesome attacks, the young girl must uncover the truth behind her friend's transformation and find a way to stop the bloodthirsty rampage before it reaches her own boyfriend Chip
    Type of Recommendation (Rent, Buy, Watch on TV, Pass) [Even if its still in theaters btw): Rent
    Stars out of 5 : ****
    Comments: After seeing the trailer, I was sure this was a terrible movie. Turns out it was a pretty good teen horror flick! Soundtrack is great too. If you like the genre, go for it!

Movie Title: The Final Destination 4
    Who is in it?: No famous actors here!
    Brief Summary: In a car race in McKinley Speedway, twenty-something Nick has a premonition of a deadly car crash with many casualties in the audience and convinces his girlfriend Lori and his friends Hunt and Janet to leave the place. They are followed by the security guard; a racist guy; a mother with her children and a mechanic, that are saved from death. When the racist guy and the mother die in mysterious and creepy incidents, Nick and Lori research and find many similar cases in Internet. They try to lure The Ripper to break the chain of deadly events and survive, but destiny does not help them.
    Type of Recommendation (Rent, Buy, Watch on TV, Pass) [Even if its still in theaters btw): Pass
    Stars out of 5 : *
    Comments: I'm a huge fan of the 3 first Final Destination movies but this one was just a mere disappointment.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Movie Title: Orphan
    Who is in it?: No-one I recognised and a creepy girl
    Brief Summary: A couple adopt an orphan with a mysterious past. Violent events seem to happen around her.
    Type of Recommendation: Watch on TV (I recorded it from TV a couple of weeks ago)
    Stars out of 5: 3
    Comments: Adds a few twists to the standard creepy child horror/thriller genre and delivers a few genuine shocks but not enough to elevate it to classic status.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    I liked Yes Man A LOT!!! Very funny movie.

Movie Title: Something Borrowed
    Who is in it?: Kate Hudson
    Brief Summary: A lot of people cheat on each other, numerous flash backs, and music playing 90% of the time-I felt like I was watching a very long music video.
    Type of Recommendation (Rent, Buy, Watch on TV, Pass) [Even if its still in theaters btw): Run it over with your car
    Stars out of 5 ... -10
    Comments: Absolutely horrible movie, just wanted to leave a comment so nobody spends money on this movie, like I did!
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Movie Title: captain america
    Who is in it?: Chris Evans, Hugo Weaving and Samuel L. Jackson
    Brief Summary: After being deemed unfit for military service, Steve Rogers volunteers for a top secret research project that turns him into Captain America
    Type of Recommendation (Rent, Buy, Watch on TV, Pass) [Even if its still in theaters btw): buy
    Stars out of 5 : 5
    Comments: i LOVE this movie and if you like superheros or just action you will too
  • CurlyClare78
    Options
    Movie Title: You Instead
    Who is in it?: Unknown actors and clips of performances by real musicians such as Paolo Nutini and The Proclaimers
    Brief Summary: Two musicians get handcuffed together for 24 hours at T In The Park Festival
    Type of Recommendation (Rent, Buy, Watch on TV, Pass) [Even if its still in theaters btw): Rent or Watch on TV
    Stars out of 5 - 4
    Comments: it's cheesy but funny and the atmosphere comes through quite well as it's low budget and was filmed at the festival. It's british so I doubt it will be out in the US for a bit but worth a look.