Ripped In 30 Days Starting Today 9/21/11! Care To Join Me?

Options
Hello! I will be starting Ripped In 30 Days (RI30D) today and wanted to see if anyone is interested in joining me?

The plan is to go through all 4 levels of RI30D over the next 30 days. We can weigh in weekly (you can provide measurements too, if you want) and report on our progress - the good, the bad and the ugly! I will also be taking before/after photos as well (although, I am not sure they will get posted).

I have previewed the JM food plan that goes along with RI30D, but it is bit too much $$ to follow it. So, I will not be following her meal plan. I will be be working towards finding a nice balance of protien, carbs and fat.

If you're willing to spend the next 30 days trying to get ripped the JM way, please post up and at minimum put in your weight!

Replies

• EPICSRT
    EPICSRT Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    9/21/11 Weight: 182 inches
    9/21/11 Waist: 37.7 inches
  • dawngrasso
    dawngrasso Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the Ripped in 30 - it's great - i've completed the SHRED 30 day dvd and got great results. I have also incorporated some of Jillians meal plan. her dvd's get results!
    weight is 117 - need to be 112-115.... somehow....
    good luck!:
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'd love to start this today with you. I'm hitting the gym after work, I'll eat dinner and then throw day 1 right into the mix. My starting weight is 198.6, and I'll post my measurements once I get home. Let's do it!
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Today is my last day on Level 1 so is it ok that i can still join? Finished 30ds Sept 13th and lost 6lbs and a ton of inches,hope to get a ripped body with this dvd! I'm also doing 6week 6pack a few days a week too.

CW 143
    GW 138
  • EPICSRT
    Options
    I'd love to start this today with you. I'm hitting the gym after work, I'll eat dinner and then throw day 1 right into the mix. My starting weight is 198.6, and I'll post my measurements once I get home. Let's do it!

Awesome!!
  • EPICSRT
    Options
    Today is my last day on Level 1 so is it ok that i can still join? Finished 30ds Sept 13th and lost 6lbs and a ton of inches,hope to get a ripped body with this dvd! I'm also doing 6week 6pack a few days a week too.

CW 143
    GW 138

Yes! You'll be a week ahead, and there is no problem with that!

Yesterday was my last day of 30DS. I did enjoy the workouts but am definately looking forward to moving on to something a bit new.
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    i will start in the AM..starting weight is 152.2.
  • dawngrasso
    Options
    i started Level 3 this past Monday - doing it 5 times a week - incorporated with Spin 3x a week and usual workout - it's a great 20 minute addition!
  • Karasene
    Karasene Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I was gonna start on monday but I can start today :)

sw:163
    I don't have my inches yet :)
  • jwrichard85
    Options
    I'd love to join in as well. I have 30 day shred...is that ok? I'll pick up a copy of Ripped in 30 on my way home!

SW: 174
    GW: 150

No inches yet - will post once I get home.
  • EPICSRT
    Options
    Awesome!! It is great to have you all aboard!

Since each level is supposed to be done for 7 days, we will make that our official check-in.

Official check-in days will be 9/28/11, 10/5/11, 10/12/11, 10/21/11. The last check in adds a couple of days for day 29 and day 30.

I will start a new thread for official check-ins on the dates above. It won't matter if you progress faster or slower, skip a day or what not. I would still encourage all to check-in so we can let each other know how it's going.

This thread can still be used for general chatter if you feel like sharing, venting or anything else associated with our progress as we work through RI30D.

On another note: I'm going to see if I'm strong enough to do the "badazz" side planks. The ones from level 3 of 30DS tore up my elbows a bit the last 13 days since I did them on carpet. I don't know if I'll be able stay in the straight arm position for very long, but my plan is to "make the most of it!"
  • yvettenicole21
    yvettenicole21 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'll start in the morning too!! Weight is 194 no measurements but will update later :):happy:
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    I will join you guys! I will start in the morning...I will have my weight and measurments tomorrow :)
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'll join :) I'm 197.4 right now. I may start tonight, but if not definitely tomorrow! I'll work on getting my measurements sometime this week too :)
  • EPICSRT
    Options
    D1L1 is done! Seems a bit easy after the last 13 days of 30DS L3. I will have to push myself a bit more on the cardio. I did the "badazz" side planks without too many issues. The main issue is balancing with the arm extended.

I did not realize that it was recommended to rest every 5 or 6 days. To keep with my planned schedule, I will probaly rest the day before check-in. Will figure it out in the next couple days.

How did you all fare?
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options

On another note: I'm going to see if I'm strong enough to do the "badazz" side planks. The ones from level 3 of 30DS tore up my elbows a bit the last 13 days since I did them on carpet. I don't know if I'll be able stay in the straight arm position for very long, but my plan is to "make the most of it!"

They tore up my elbows too from doing it on carpet. I got smart last week and found an old soft pillowcase and set that on the floor under my arms when I went into that move. It helped 100% and now my elbows don't hurt. :o) Have fun with this next 30 days!
  • dawngrasso
    Options
    Day 2 Level 3 completed - i recommend using a yoga mat if you're working out on a carpet! I am having difficutly figuring out how many calories are burned with this workout - wish we could scan the product code the way you can with food!!! any ideas on what we are burning? it will vary depending on your intensity, the weights you use, etc... but just a base idea?
  • MOOOSEEE3
    Options
    Alright, last night was hard for me with this as I couldn't find my 5 pound weights, so I used my 10's for the whole DVD. In most cases it wasn't so bad, but there were a few excercises that it was just too much with the 10's. As promised, my stats are the following:

Beginning Weight - 198.6
    Bust 38
    Waist 41.75
    Hips 44.25
    Neck 15

Day 1 wasn't too bad for me, I think with me just getting back from the gym and a hardcore workout 2 hours prior had me not at my peak for last night....BUT, I plan on getting it done tonight at full capacity.
  • MOOOSEEE3
    Options
    Day 2 Level 3 completed - i recommend using a yoga mat if you're working out on a carpet! I am having difficutly figuring out how many calories are burned with this workout - wish we could scan the product code the way you can with food!!! any ideas on what we are burning? it will vary depending on your intensity, the weights you use, etc... but just a base idea?

I used my HRM and 10 pound weights for this last night. My burn was 291 calories for 35 minutes. I'm 5'7" and 198.6.
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    W1D1 done...wow I have not worked out in about a month and I was REALLY feeling this!! LOVE IT!!!
    starting weight 152.2
    Goal weight 140