New to fitness pal

Options
I am getting started on this weightloss journey once again. I have been yoyo dieting every since I was probably 10. I have been on every diet, but always end up gaining the weight back. I am determined to get the weight off this time and finally get to my goal weight. Any suggest that could help me to get started and stay on track would greatly apperciated. :smile:

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I definitely can relate! I know the feeling. I consider myself a professional dieter. Not any more! I am so happy I finally found something that works and loving every minute of it.

Good luck to you on your journey :)
  • ColleenH28
    ColleenH28 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Colleen, I am slightly new to this too. Today is my 22 day and I have lost 8lbs already. I have tried so many other things and almost always gained the weight back. So this time around I am just going to eat "real" food and get rid of all of this gross fat I have on my body :) I exercise every day. Mostly I walk, but what i am doing is working, and I wake up proud every day that I have energy! You can friend me if you want and we can work together to do this. If it weren't for my friend telling me about this site i dont know what I would do!
  • teller186
    Options
    hello everyone I too tried alot of differant diets. I think my worst is when i was laid off for a year and half. Not very motivated to do anything next thing the weight started, so i tried to cut back on my junk foof eating from being bored. To be honest i'm not a big person on housecleaing not that my house is bad but you can only do so much. I get bored real easy with thing that you have to do over and over again. so that is why i need changes something that would keep my attention.
  • KEN1013
    KEN1013 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    hello co-woker
  • teller186
    Options
    good for you now you have the drive and that is a start.
  • teller186
    Options
    hello co-worker
  • teller186
    Options
    I too have been on a rollercoaster ride with diets, I'm in the process of getting me a exercise equipment for my home, and hope i stick to the execise, i have a v ery bad habit of getting bored with things after awhile.
  • alyssastephanie_M
    Options
    Hi everybody! My name is Alyssa and I joined the site because I need all the help I can get to start losing weight. I've tried to lose weight a hundred times and it seems like I can never make it past the two week mark before I start to give up. This has always been hard for me. And now with my impending wedding, it's time to get serious. Please feel free to friend me...the more people we have on our side, the easier this is (I hope)!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Rule #1 Diet = The kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats.
    Rule #2 Remember that this is the definition. Thus, rather than going with a Fad, look at what you are eating and adjust. once you adjust to the healthier means, then you have found your DIET.

Good luck. If you want some additional motivation, feel free to add
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Diets don't work. It has to be a lifestyle change. The first change I did was make choices. I chose to buy apples instead of ice cream, I chose to buy yogurt instead of chips ect. If it is not in the house, you are less tempted to eat it. Yes if you have kids, they need theirs snacks, but after about a week of fighting with them, they too make better snack choices. I do keep treats for them, the ones I don't like. And if I really have a craving, I don't deprive myself. But instead of a 20 ounce mocha, I get a 12 ounce. The little change add up to be huge changes in the long run.

YOU CAN DO THIS! Take care and be sucessful on your journey. :happy:
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I see that you provided *some* information in your profile. However, I challenge you to answer some tougher questions...and either include that in your profile or write it down profile. The important thing will be to write down your answers so you can review them whenever your mindset starts to break down.

1. Why did your previous diet/lifestyle changes fail?

2. Was the failure more mental or physical?

3. If it was more mental, what will you do this time around to stay more focused, be more committed, be more accountable?

4. If it was more physical (or a combination of both), what was it about the prior nutrition plan that wasn't working for you and how are you changing it? The reality is if you are being forced to eat in a way that you don't like, there is no way you are going to stay on that plan long term. You have to find a nutrition plan that you can live with because this is a lifestyle change.

5. Write down specific things you hate about being overweight. You will want to review this list anytime you think about ending your journey.

6. Write down specific things you hope to achieve with better health and fitness (you indicated a couple of items in your profile...think hard about others).

The more information you can write down, the better chance you will have of avoiding mental struggles and complacency later.