It dosen't hurt to have a treat.

Options
Ok... I just had a boston cream donut... Yes I put it in my snack column. I jokingly said I have to be a team player and have one since management did bring them in. It's their way to keep us energized during the in of the FY (I work in Procurement). These last two weeks of the month is the busiest time of the year for us around here. None the less; I've purposed myself to have a salad for lunch.

Replies

• GibsonDarlin
    GibsonDarlin Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Good for you, its all about balance. Not torture!
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Good for you! No way would I pass up a (free!) Boston cream donut! I'm a big proponent of enjoying the occasional indulgence, especially when you can make up for it with exercise or cutting back at another meal. Good luck with everything going on at work!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I joke that I save my calories for beer . . . but in truth I admit to it. That is my last vice and one Im not willing to give up. I have switched to light beer and only have one or two, but don't deny myself.
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    i dont understand where the idea came from that donuts and bagels will keep an office happy and energized--management needs to stop doing this in offices accross the united states
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    Yes...I love treats!

People that say a protien shake is a treat are lying to themselves! hahaha
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Whew. I'm glad I don't drink. Alcohol is packed with calories. I feel for you all.

I can't really have treats. Because I have no self control. But as long as you have self control I don't see the harm in it.

My company often buys us donuts. And I hate it.
  • sherismb
    sherismb Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Lol you can have whatever you want!!!
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    i dont understand where the idea came from that donuts and bagels will keep an office happy and energized--management needs to stop doing this in offices accross the united states

Because in offices across this great nation....We LOVE donuts! lol Just ask the folks at Krispy Kreme and Duncan Donut....

*drool*
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I had a choc ice after dinner, cos I worked out my calories and they were too low so treated myself to bump them up a bit too. I also do more exercise if I treat myself so I work off at least the amount of calories that the treat was!. I don't feel as guilty then!
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Good for you, its all about balance. Not torture!

Well said!!!!!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I agree, everything in moderation. Hope you enjoyed the treat!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I joke that I save my calories for beer . . . but in truth I admit to it. That is my last vice and one Im not willing to give up. I have switched to light beer and only have one or two, but don't deny myself.

Definitely, beer is awesome. I'm heavy into craft beer so I'm not going to give that up anytime soon. It gives me good motivation to avoid all sugary snacks and such. No halloween candy, no donuts, nada. I just keep thinking that if I avoid them then I can have a beer when I get home.
  • Kikilicious84
    Options

Definitely, beer is awesome. I'm heavy into craft beer so I'm not going to give that up anytime soon. It gives me good motivation to avoid all sugary snacks and such. No halloween candy, no donuts, nada. I just keep thinking that if I avoid them then I can have a beer when I get home.

This is me and my glass of wine! Motivation at it's finest! lol