Chinese Food!

Options
WTF??? I had Chicken egg foo young last nite. Got on the scale this morn. and it was up 8LBS!!! Really???? Anyone ever have this happen??

Replies

• hezzyfoofie
    hezzyfoofie Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It's water retention from the sodium and MSG. Drink tonnes of water and you'll be fine in a couple of days.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    ditto the sodium. It's a KILLER in chinese food. I opt to make mine at home and reduce the sodium. When I feel I must have it...
  • skippykip
    skippykip Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yea, I'm with the comment above. its water retention. Sometimes, when I eat things that are atypical from my regular routine, like a burger, fried shrimp, real ice cream, etc. like once a week, I will drop quicker because (i think) it shocks my system. Or this was what I was told. But when I have eaten extremely salty foods, it has the opposite effect and i am all bloated in the morning. Don't be discouraged, its one meal, one day, out of many to come. That scale will change in no time! Best of luck! :)
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Chinese food has CRAZY sodium...I've pretty much given it up at this point =( You're probably just retaining water...stay hydrated and you should see the pounds fall off =)
  • clohessy
    clohessy Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    God what a difference one meal can make . And I only ate 1/3 of the order. How long does it take to loose? The bloat is unreal!
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I went to a Chinese buffet on Sunday... I'm still feeling the effects !
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I ate a huge takeout container of rice and sweet and sour chicken last night...scale was up 1 lb! Hoping it falls off soon cause I like seeing that lower number.