whats for dinner??

Options
This is what I have Remaining for intake tonight: 485 85 5 15

Anyone have any idea's on what I can make for dinner that wont blow it for me?
Lookin in the freezer I have steak, hamburger, chicken, ground turkey, ham.. maybe fish
Have loads of veggies too- Eggplant, zucchini, onions, carrots, broccoli, potatoes

Im in the mood for something different, but kid friendly. I have 3 teens... Help!

Replies

• LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    This is what I have Remaining for intake tonight: 485 85 5 15

Anyone have any idea's on what I can make for dinner that wont blow it for me?
    Lookin in the freezer I have steak, hamburger, chicken, ground turkey, ham.. maybe fish
    Have loads of veggies too- Eggplant, zucchini, onions, carrots, broccoli, potatoes

Im in the mood for something different, but kid friendly. I have 3 teens... Help!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I make homefries in the oven

cut in little bite size I also chop onion
    spray cookie sheet with crisco spray
    season with seasoned salt or garlic salt
    spray top of potatoes

10 min at 500
    turn - spray again 10 more minute

my kids and hubby love them
    those with ham and veggies on the side
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I plug this recipe all the time but its just because its so freaking good. :tongue:

Chicken (breasts or thighs) tiny smidgen of butter/smart balance with Ms Dash garlic & herb. Cover and bake for an hour, uncover and bake additional 10 minutes. Serve with yellow rice & veggie of choice. For a good sized meal, should put you at about 400 cals.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about your kids. But for me I'd cut up chicken saute, add onion, garlic saute. Add a can of diced tomatoes, can of tomatoe sauce, some zucchini, eggplant, basil or oregano or both. Salt & pepper. Simmer 30 min. Serve over pasta or rice.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Options

spray top of potatoes

10 min at 500

Yum! I made wedges the other night with a similar recipe only added a little oregano, basil and parmesan cheese.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

spray top of potatoes

10 min at 500

Yum! I made wedges the other night with a similar recipe only added a little oregano, basil and parmesan cheese.

sounds like my next try.

I tried the spicy honey chicken thighs - that sauce would be awesome on fish or chicken it was so good - whole family loved it. It's posted on here
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I'm having leftover meatloaf muffins that I made last night. They were delicious! :tongue:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    They are so good, it posted twice!!:blushing: :laugh:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    I plug this recipe all the time but its just because its so freaking good. :tongue:

Chicken (breasts or thighs) tiny smidgen of butter/smart balance with Ms Dash garlic & herb. Cover and bake for an hour, uncover and bake additional 10 minutes. Serve with yellow rice & veggie of choice. For a good sized meal, should put you at about 400 cals.

yeah, that is good... I made it 2 nights ago tho... :laugh: :laugh:
  • stevieg_fan
    Options
    you can also do the home fries with zucchini - lightly coat in cornmeal w/ egg whites for extra crispy-ness
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    I'm having leftover meatloaf muffins that I made last night. They were delicious! :tongue:

ohhh my kids love meatloaf! Got the recipie??
  • Hannah_Banana
    Options

yeah, that is good... I made it 2 nights ago tho... :laugh: :laugh:

See? Its just that amazing. :love: :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    Options

I just bumped the recipe in the recipe section. I used ground turkey since my hubby doesn't eat beef and they were great!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options

I just bumped the recipe in the recipe section. I used ground turkey since my hubby doesn't eat beef and they were great!

:flowerforyou: Thanks!