Advice needed

Options
So I had been eating 1200 calories only, no exercise calories for about 9 months. Hit a stall, upped to 1400 for a week, lost 1 lb. upped to 1500 next week , lost 4.2 lb (some was TOM weight gain, I believe.) So following week I upped to 1600 (trying to get body out of starvation mode, since I burn according to my BMF usually 2900 calories per day). I lost .4 lb. So I stayed at 1600 this week, weigh in is tomorrow, don't think I'm gonna have a loss, may have a slight gain. I'm not sure what to do, I'm debating on trying to have a day eating my maintenance calories (not 2900, but up a little under, I've been craving Friendley's and I figure if I'm gonna have a high day, that's the day to give in). Then drop back to 1500. But I'm not sure. I would like some people's advice.

I know my fats have been a bit higher lately, but I've been eating nuts and stuff, so some of it is good fat, and I do use EVOO too. Not sure if that could be it.

I wanted to add, I workout. 6 days a week. Switch between kickboxing (45 min kickboxing, and 15 min abs), and going to the gym, doing elliptical and a little strength training and occasionally the recumbent bike. Kickboxing I burn around 500 calories, and gym depends, but sometimes like 600 or so.

Replies

• Jess5825
    Options
    any one?
  • Jess5825
    Options
    Really no one will give me any advice???
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Have you tried going back down to 1500 and seeing what happens?

God bless!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Patience. :flowerforyou:

I've been there, and, well I'm still there. 1200 calories does some damage, that's for sure.

Here are some things you can do:

1. Stop worrying so much about the scale. Focus on your health and your fitness level, make sure you are eating your exercise calories, and keeping gradually increasing your calories if needed.

2. Strength training. This is what is good for your metabolism. REAL strength training.

3. Calorie cycling (or “zig-zagging”). This works for a lot of people.
  • Jess5825
    Options
    Patience. :flowerforyou:

I've been there, and, well I'm still there. 1200 calories does some damage, that's for sure.

Here are some things you can do:

1. Stop worrying so much about the scale. Focus on your health and your fitness level, make sure you are eating your exercise calories, and keeping gradually increasing your calories if needed.

2. Strength training. This is what is good for your metabolism. REAL strength training.

3. Calorie cycling (or “zig-zagging”). This works for a lot of people.

1. I ignored the scale for so long, it is a hard thing to do. My highest weight was 308# (very hard to admit), so I'm trying so hard to regain my life. Also I've had lap band surgery, so I go see my doc once a month and I am so ashamed if I don't lose enough weight. Last month I'd only lost 4 lb in 6 weeks. So embarrassed.

2. I probably don't do enough of that, since I only go to the gym maybe once or twice a week, on my off days from kickboxing.
    3. I may have to try that. I'm onna try having a high calorie day tomorrow.
  • chantell7
    chantell7 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    suggest opening your diary so people can help more . 1. Are you weighing and tracking everything that goes in your mouth. ? 2. Are you eating to burn ? Meaning the types of food your consuming . Work out more, change it up . Do your body doesn't get used to it. 3.It takes time do don't stress. 4. Try having high and low days to confuse your metabolism . 5. Congrats on the journey so d
    Far . Hope this helps.
  • januadiaboli
    januadiaboli Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm with sweetzoejane on all three. I know that the first is *so* difficult, especially the part about not focusing on the scale ;-) Personally, I don't think that there's anything wrong with 4 pounds in 6 weeks ... a loss is a loss, after all.

Strength training is really important, too. I've been at a bit of a plateau, weight-wise, for the last couple of weeks ... but the measuring tape says I'm losing inches (albeit rather slowly). Remember, muscle burns more calories than does fat!

I don't usually mean to zigzag, but it seems to happen to me whether I plan it or not!

Hang in there!