? regarding 30DS workout

Options
So I started the 30DS last week and have taken 2 days off already. Yesterday was day 5 for me. Although it has gotten better, I still cannot do all of the jumping jacks or the Jump rope moves. I currently just move around till I can pick up. I certainly don't do the strength training with correct posture for example during side lunges I cannot lift up the weights towards the end and definitely not up to my eyes and am not sure if my squats and lunges are perfect. How about you guys? For all those who are doing it or have completed did you do it correctly and completed all the jumps and the lifts before you progressed to the next level?.

I also feel like in a rush to complete the tape, I am not feeling the burn lifting or doing the ab work. I used to do Abs of steel a long long time ago and could really feel the soreness in my abs the next day. The only thing i feel is that my legs are going to buckle if I continue jumping and i feel soreness in my legs the next day and this could be because I walk 30 mts on the treadmill after the workout tape. Should i just continue and do as much as I can and complete the 30DS or would it be better to learn proper form and execution before attempting to do tapes like this? Would love to hear your inputs.

Replies

• morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Proper form is always a must!

You need to make sure you have correct form so that 1. the exercises are effective and 2. you do not cause injury to yourself. If you have to, just slow down in order to achieve correct form (you can even pause it and do the same number of reps they do, just slowly and correctly).

If you need to take time out to learn it properly. I would do that. :)

Keep up the good work!
  • ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Today I completed Day 8 of Level 1 and I follow Anita (the modified girl) through everything. I know I am not doing everything perfectly or with perfect posture and I know they say if you don't it won't work but I do try my very hardest to do it just as they do and if I can't I still do it anyway I figure it's better then nothing. I read an article on a woman who lost 22 inches on 30 Day Shred and she said she followed Anita and did it with Anita through the whole way. I weigh 198 so alot of the stuff is harder for me too like keeping up with the jumping jacks so what I can tell you is that it gets easier you will find that after a couple more days you will be able to keep up. Your body just has to get use to it just like with any other exercise regimen. I wouldn't give up! I mean you have already completed 5 days might as well do another 25!! See what your results are. I hear a lot of people say you might not see a difference in the scale but all in the measurements so make sure you take those!! My legs are sore almost everyday and my abs a little too. Just keep going and keep pushing yourself it will get easier!! You can do it :))
  • amguyberson
    amguyberson Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The MOST Important thing is form. Get the form down FIRST with NO weights THEN add the weights. Im doing 30 Day Shred as well! It'll definitely take some time to build the muscles necessary to advance to the next level but thats okay. Thats why you do 10 days on level 1.

Take your time and for the love of Pete get the form down otherwise you're going to hurt yourself!!!! watch the "low impact" girl on the right side of your screen. and whatever you do.. DON'T get discouraged. JM is one tough cookie and she pushes you to your limits. Just stick with it and don't make excuses. Change starts with YOU.. Excuses only keep you from succeeding!

Good luck. Feel free to friend me and we can talk about the different work outs! Im actually working in 30DS, Yoga meltdown (which kicks my *kitten*) and Killer Buns and Thights (this really kicks my *kitten*!)

Good luck!!
  • amguyberson
    amguyberson Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    PS. Don't rush through the movments. If you watch them the movments are SLOW and CONTROLLED. thats the key to JM's workouts! :)
  • Mandakat17
    Options
    I just moved to level 2 this week. You definitely need to complete level 1 until you can do all of the moves. They just get harder on level 2. Like instead of the up and down squats/lunges.....you have to stay in that position for 30 seconds and not move up and down. So you need to build your strength and stamina on level 1 before you move on. Even if it takes you a few weeks...it's better than moving on too soon. Hope that helped. :)
  • ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I just read everyone's elses posts above and below and I agree with them too!!!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I also feel like in a rush to complete the tape

What's a tape? Lol, just kidding! As it was said before me, correct form is a MUST! If you aren't feeling the sit ups at least the next day you are doing something wrong, if you mention you can't use the weights near the end but then aren't feeling it, that's something wrong.

Take some time to practice these moves in front of a mirror to prevent injury and get the full burn. It's ok to reduce weights <5lb for some parts as well if necessary, deltoids for example are little and hard to do at 5 lbs at least in the begining.

I picked it up right away so no, I didn't wait to master the first level before moving on I did it for 10 days and moved on.
  • wannalosew82
    wannalosew82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I also feel like in a rush to complete the tape

What's a tape? Lol, just kidding!

LOL! Sorry, I meant the DVD!
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I have doen the 30DS twice and i can say that i didn't wait until i had every move mastered, i moeved on to the next level after day 10 to complete the whole thing in 30 days. as for not feeling certain muscles the next day, i can say that with each leavel different areas will feel sore for me the next day (like my sides, legs, abs). they'll be sore for like 2 or 3 days, then the soreness is gone for the remainder of the days, but i know i'm still getting a new workout. also, i know when i first started, i had to take many, many breaks during the workouts because i would be so out of breath, going thru it the second time, i couldn't believe how much better i could get thru the workouts! good luck with your shred!
  • wannalosew82
    wannalosew82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have doen the 30DS twice and i can say that i didn't wait until i had every move mastered, i moeved on to the next level after day 10 to complete the whole thing in 30 days. as for not feeling certain muscles the next day, i can say that with each leavel different areas will feel sore for me the next day (like my sides, legs, abs). they'll be sore for like 2 or 3 days, then the soreness is gone for the remainder of the days, but i know i'm still getting a new workout. also, i know when i first started, i had to take many, many breaks during the workouts because i would be so out of breath, going thru it the second time, i couldn't believe how much better i could get thru the workouts! good luck with your shred!

What were your results with the 30DS? Your experience seems very similar to mine.