What are your "secret diet weapons"?

Replies

• rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    My measuring cups and always having healthy food around.
  • surrounding myself with positive, kind, funny, quirky people.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Bringin a smoothie to work, altering its contents depending on how much I ate that day, or how long I'll be out. It's generally 100g of protein and 800-1000 calories. We get free food there, but I never eat anything. I get stuff like 'you never eat here' or 'you dont need to lose weight' all the time, but theres a reason for that...

My last place of work, I'd do the smoothie and brought one apple a day. Every day around 7pm I'd take a 5 minute break to eat it, we deemed it apple break. Before long, production haulted at 7 and most of the staff would break for an apple. Very srs. We did bananas sometimes, which got pretty naughty when people started feeding eachother.

pic from my phone
    aplle.jpg

Where do you work?! It looks kind of terrifying...
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    water
    protein bars after every work-out
    music while i work-out (MUST have justin timberlake)
    talking to myself and saying "half-way there!" or "only 5 more" or "only 1 more!!" (during work-out)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    you only really need one thing self control/will power then you can eat whatever you like if you can control yourself and fit it in your cals for the day
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Food scale

I agree 100% with this one! If it were not for my food scale then I think I would be lost!
  • robinpickles
    robinpickles Posts: 78 Member
    Desire
    Will
    and NO EXCUSES!
  • The baseball bat I keep beside my fridge to hit myself with if I'm so tempted as to go in and eat a "bad snack"...:laugh:

But seriously, it's chicken breast, egg whites, apples, lots of veggies and WATER!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    I'm certainly no expert, but tend to lose weight when I watch sodium/sugar/carbs, drink lots of water, and don't eat after about 8pm.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    lots of water
    lots of cardio
    apples (they fill me up and low in calories)
    microwavable vegetable bags (they're sorta high in sodium sometimes, but I drink loads of water to make up for it)
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Having pictures of my old fat self around. Reminds me of what I don't want.
  • mike_hill
    mike_hill Posts: 61 Member
    For me it has been water and my food scale. Obviously MFP to help keep track of it all, but that is a given :)
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    honesty with myself and mfp
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Porridge for breakfast - low in calories and fills me up so I don't want to snack mid morning, which is a danger time for me!

My food weighing scale - boy, does the brain underestimate calories when just using the naked eye LOL
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Equipment: Food scale, measuring cups, eating on small plates

Food:Chili using ground turkey or chicken, bananas, lean ham

Exercise: 3 days a week circuit training, 2 upperbody, 1 lower. Walking. My secret, secret weapon is to randomly carry my 30 lb son on my shoulders while either walking or shopping for extended periods of time.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Keeping happy.

If I'm not happy, I'm very unlikely to care about my weight or fitness.

So if being happy means doing something bad, then it's going to be positive in the long run.
  • ambercanfly
    ambercanfly Posts: 150 Member
    The baseball bat I keep beside my fridge to hit myself with if I'm so tempted as to go in and eat a "bad snack"...:laugh:

I need myself one of those!!! :laugh:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Zumba!!!!! Though I don't keep it secret. I pretty much tell everyone about it whether they want to hear it or not. :ohwell:
  • LiveEnjoyEndure
    LiveEnjoyEndure Posts: 98 Member
    My Bowflex.. and water, and well this may be obvious, but MFP.

I miss read this as bowelflex! The mind boggles! Glad I did not google it :)

I am so annal! So when MFP (before it was livestrong.com) says I cannot eat more than X amount of calories I do not go over... Period! So my secret weapon has been exercise... Mostly cycling, but as necessary swimming, rope jumps, weights and walking. This combined with some extreme cycle challenges (via dailymile.com) which has been an additional motivation to put my butt in the saddle ad clock some miles :-)
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    My bicycle commute: The one exercise I can't skip without getting fired. Big Salad: Several days a week I make a gigantic salad of iceberg lettuce, fat free ranch, tomatoes, red cabbage and carrots with some chicken and real bacon bits. ac