I need someone to HELP me!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• kellybug123
    Options
    There is so much motivation and help from people on here. When I first started I kept to myself and didn't add any new friends or post or anything to that nature. It felt like a chore to me every day to come and log in and log my food and exercise, so I quit for awhile. Then my sister had a bright idea to make new friends on here that will help motivate us. We both did and I'm so much happier logging in here every single day and logging. I also made my dairy public, so people could see what I eat on a regular basis, that helps me stay accountable also. I've heard it takes 21 days/3 weeks to build new habits. Hopefully better, consistent choices will be a habit that you can form in the next 21 days. Please feel free to add me and we'll work on encourging each other to strive to do better and have fun. :)

Good Luck on this journey :)
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    Hi Tracey!! Congrats on your decision to improve your life. This is am amazing tool that will help you if you want to do this and I know you do! I have lost 10 pounds in a few weeks with the help of my buddies on MFP. The support is so good! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
    Welcome, Maryann
  • motler
    Options
    I have the same track record, Tracy. Gung ho for a few days, then something takes place and it's a quick spiral down for a few days. What's started to help me is not weighing myself everyday. I found if I weighed myself and I lost a pound or two it was like "yay, now I can slack off because I have some room to go up or down (it was always up)" and if I gained a pound or two it was "what's the point of working out, I already blew it..." Now I just weigh myself once a week.

Also, I am trying to distract myself when I want to eat out of boredom, stress, etc. I find that if I can leave the scenario I'm in for even 5 minutes, my previously overwhelming need to eat something, anything, is gone.

I hope this helps! If you want to add me to your list of support personnel, you may.

motler
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome and remember baby steps and every day is a new day just stick with it!!!