Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    But SH#T food tastes far better than good food..imo :drinker:
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    For weight loss that is a workable plan. Whether it's a good plan for "fitness" (i.e. weight loss and health) would depend on what you eat. A shapely outside is very nice to have, but it will last a lot longer if the inside is also in good shape.

No one is saying to tip back a bottle of McDonald's french fry oil. =)

No. But it did say "EAT THAT SH*%! " I'm just suggesting that it would be better if you ate good food instead of SH*%, while still staying in your macros, of course. :flowerforyou:

Please define "good food" please....body composition improvements improve health indicators way more than "good foods" without body composition changes. In short, imrprove body composition, improve body health indicators.

I know you know this.. :)
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    For weight loss that is a workable plan. Whether it's a good plan for "fitness" (i.e. weight loss and health) would depend on what you eat. A shapely outside is very nice to have, but it will last a lot longer if the inside is also in good shape.

No. But it did say "EAT THAT SH*%! " I'm just suggesting that it would be better if you ate good food instead of SH*%, while still staying in your macros, of course. :flowerforyou:

Please define "good food" please....body composition improvements improve health indicators way more than "good foods" without body composition changes. In short, imrprove body composition, improve body health indicators.

Oh she does...she just loves to argue with me. =)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Um, good food = food that contains nutritients, not too many bad carbs or fat. Just because body composition may be healthier, doesn't make junk food "good". You probably know that as well.
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Cool! I've been doing this already. Does that make me some kind of idiot savant?
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Chunky Monkey BnJ is full of win.
    No way. Imagine Whirled Peace is where it's at. And I must have one of those shirts. I track macros myself & manage to sneak White Castle &/or KFC into my menus at least once a week & still meet my targets. The rest of what I eat is relatively healthy so there's no harm in eating crap every so often. And only the yummiest crap ends up in my food journal. :laugh:
  • joejccva71
    Options

Um, good food = food that contains nutritients, not too many bad carbs or fat. Just because body composition may be healthier, doesn't make junk food "good". You probably know that as well.

All foods contain nutrients Bcatt. Also please define what "bad carbs" are? Oh and what "bad fat" is?
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    I picture people reading this with a big "WTF?!" cloud above their heads.

:huh: You can see me? :laugh:
    Your post makes the assumption that I have been able to figure out my macro and micronutriet requirements. Big assumption. Once I get there, I'll keep the rest in mind. And then I'll pick up some Cherry Garcia.

^ My thoughts exactly. I will be google searching like mad for the rest of my work day. Intersting theory though, and worth experimenting with.

D*mn- never mind. Screw the IIFYM diet if I can't down a bottle of french fry oil every night!
  • joejccva71
    Options

:huh: You can see me? :laugh:
    Your post makes the assumption that I have been able to figure out my macro and micronutriet requirements. Big assumption. Once I get there, I'll keep the rest in mind. And then I'll pick up some Cherry Garcia.

^ My thoughts exactly. I will be google searching like mad for the rest of my work day. Intersting theory though, and worth experimenting with.

D*mn- never mind. Screw the IIFYM diet if I can't down a bottle of french fry oil every night!

LOL Awesome. =)
  • smithskiman06
    smithskiman06 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Can you link me to your blog?
  • joejccva71
    Options
    Can you link me to your blog?

It says the same thing as in my original post in this thread. Just copied into the forum was all but here is the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/joejccva71
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options

80-20 rule. If you're eating 2000 calories of nutrient dense, healthy food to get to your macros, the other 500 cals (20%) aren't going to have a huge negative effect.

In other news, I wish I could eat 2500 calories a day and lose weight... :-)
  • sdwelk11
    Options

CAN YOU SEE THRU MY COMPUTER MONITOR!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Started cutting yesterday. Pancakes and icecream for dinner :tongue: Yes I also ate plenty of fruit and veg during the day to make sure I got the required micronutrients :smile:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136039781&page=5

This dude did a crazy IIFYM diet for experimenting. Nothing but KFC & cereal (and almonds and whey to make up macros). See post 130 for results and 140 for blood tests.

Crazy **** :P (He should get paid by KFC I reckon!)

Awesome IIFYM (leangains also) log here. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135766901&p=752479303&viewfull=1#post752479303
  • joejccva71
    Options
    LMAO chris ...yea bro =)
  • Sketcha118
    Sketcha118 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Joe...I realize this is a really old post but I've been researching iifym for a bit now and I not sure exactly how to begin. I'm wondering if you could help me figure out my daily calorie needs etc? It seems like something that may work for me or is it quite labor intensive?