Stressing out!

Options
As the subject says, I'm stressing out!

I'm finding it hard to include fitness into my routine. I'm doing intense feeding therapy with my 1 year old. She just came off a feeding tube and if she doesn't get enough calories or fluids in a day we will have to put the tube back. It's a constant battle of counting my calories AND hers. I'm feeding her every 1.5 to 2 hours, plus her physio and other stuff, plus being a good mom and playing with my kid, plus trying to keep the house clean and stuff.

What can I do for less than hour to get fitness into my routine that involves a baby and a very small house?

Please! I'm feeling totally stressed!

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    hold her (or get a carrier like a babyhawk) strap her to you, and walk, squat, lunge, dance, shimmy, shake, move, love, snuggle and give her your all. Seriously, though, her extra weight will help you with your daily everything, carrying around that extra weight. Some times there are more important things to worry about, so make sure your stress is focused in the right direction.
  • jjs22
    jjs22 Posts: 156
    Options
    IMO, a clean house is totally over-rated. Let it turn into a sty. You'll be too ashamed to have anyone over. Nobody will WANT to come over. Everybody wins !

I'd say the best option to get started with exercise is walking. Walking is how I got started, and my experience is that with walking there's never a huge feeling of dread and hesitation beforehand. It's fun, cheap, and pleasant. I always assumed a modest 15 minute walk wasn't enough to matter, but that's only true if you're a top conditioned athlete ! I was surprised when I started noticing improvement in just a few days.

And walking is an awesome thing to do with a baby. For bonus points you can carry the baby, but a baby "jogger" is legit as well. The great thing about baby joggers is that everybody who buys one wants to get rid of it in just a few years. So if you look around on Craigslist or garage sales, you can always find a cheap one.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    go to bodyrock.tv .... you can do those work-outs in your house, they are relatively short (under 30 minutes for the most part), and they rock.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't stress over the exercise too much. Diet is far more important for weight loss than exercise. Exercise is great, as it keeps you healthy, but in the end, losing fat is about a calorie deficit so if you have that, you are doing fine.

If you have stairs in your house you can go up and down the stairs. Or ride a stationary bike if you have one. Or do jumping jacks.

Steve