Side for dinner tonight

Options
Okay so I’m having people over for a little dinner party tonight. So far I’m making chicken stuffed with goat cheese and sundried tomato pesto, grilled zucchini and squash marinated in some fat free Italian dressing, and ? It’s between some roasted red potatoes or some warm bread with dipping sauce. I’ll have enough calories saved for both, so what do you guys think would go better…the potatoes or the bread?

Replies

• writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I personally would rather have the bread and dip! YUM.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    My first choice would be the bread and dip,
    I would have to go with the potatoes. I am hungry now :):)
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Id do the bread as a sort of appetizer ;) Mingle munchies ~ Mmmmmm
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Roasted Cauliflower! Nice and crispy edges :)
  • Nelly711
    Options
    Potatoes!!!
  • ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I agree with MDM and would do the bread for an appetizer and then the potatoes!! I LOVE red potatoes :) Wish I was coming for dinner :wink:
  • grimrpr
    Options
    grilled sweet potatoes.. complex carb, better for you than the other options!
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i agree bread would be more of an app type thing, if you are serving it as a side i would say go with the potatoes, will leave your guest feeling like they received a "full" dinner too, you know protein, veggie, starch:) sounds delicious.
  • Maria_Goose
    Options
    grilled sweet potatoes.. complex carb, better for you than the other options!

I second this.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    what is your address?!....seriously - that dinner sounds fab....have a great time!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Bread and dip/oil. I know I dont get this a lot and when I do its a real treat.
  • KPaden1221
    Options
    do the bread and dip and roast up some mushrooms onions and brussell sprouts or asparagus for an extra side.. it makes your plate look fuller, but def not messing up the calorie county! DELISH!
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...I won't have enough cals saved to eat both, but maybe I'll put the bread out first and let the others enjoy and then I'll serve the potatoes as the side with dinner. Thanks guys. I love cooking for other people!

BTW - I'd LOVE to serve the sweet potatoes, but some of the guests aren't fans. Weirdos!