recently diagnosed with PCOS

2»

Replies

• Alee4nia
    Alee4nia Posts: 168 Member
    I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2003...add me if you like...this is the first time in my life where I am finally trying to take control of it ...need to lose 75 lbs....

If you have questions let me know :)
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    I have PCOS as well along with hypothyroidism and a brain tumor. Fun times. LOL Feel free to add me. :)
  • Anderia
    Anderia Posts: 753 Member
    I also have PCOS! I was dignosed in 2001. Feel free to add me as well!
  • I have hypothyroid and am also looking for friends! :smile:
  • Chellek81
    Chellek81 Posts: 8 Member
    I was diagnosed with PCOS in about 1997 and have had many struggles with it over the years. I am finally making a serious effort to get my weight under control. I am 30 years old and 265 lbs and at the point where I want to have kids and I know it will never happen if I keep gaining weight.

14 years ago when I was diagnosed it was hard to find people who even knew what PCOS was, let alone had it. I was 16 years old and terrified. I am glad there are some great support systems out there now for ladies like us =)
  • i'm 26 and have been diagnosed with PCOS since i was 19. i've gone through everything from years with no cycle to having been put on hormone replacement therapy. gained 100lbs in a year at the age of 20 and have been struggling with my weight ever since. i've loss, regained, loss, regained. PCOS is a form of an insulin resistance that affects the female reproductive system. it does indeed make it harder to keep the weight off. you can do this though! we can all do this together! open to new pals!
This discussion has been closed.