1220 to few calories?!?

Options
I am getting really confused now. I have logged my calories for five days now and I recently received a message I am eating too few calories? MFP setup this calorie allotment for me when I joined what gives? Now that I am exercising 4x a week do I need to increase my calories. Frustration is not good for me when I am trying to stay on target ugghhh :frown:

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    The way MFP works, you should be eating the calories you earn with your exercise. It should be 1220 NET.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Log in your exercise, and it will automatically add those calories to your diary for the day (so if you're at 1,220 and you burn 330 doing cardio, you'll get 1,550 for the day).
    Eat them all back.
  • grimrpr
    Options
    MFP does NOT integrate with any real exercise. Only cardio. So.. if its cardio your doing try to stay to your NET calories as mentioned before. If you are doing weight training at all, or cardio not listed I would add about 300 calories just to see how that helped. Although working out more you should really try to push for more protein to feed those new and growing muscles.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I have never seen the warning if I did not get enough net exercise... only if I didn't consume 1,200 calories. Were you just shy of your caloric goal? Like 1,199 or less? That will cause you to get the warning.