Lies of food.

Options

Replies

• netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting!!!! :drinker:
  • bens_mommy
    Options
    :cry:

This is scary as balls.
  • laurad1406
    Options
    I can't read it, my work has it blocked, apparently it's "tasteless" haha. Guess I'll have to wait and read at home :grumble:
  • iamlegion714
    iamlegion714 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    thanks for the read. adulterers of food deserve the deepest realm of the seven hells. wish i could check out, grow my own. but even the seed nowadays has been two-point-o'd, so wtf...
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I can't see it either... am bumping this up for home viewing!

:drinker:

Ice
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    :grumble: All right. Anybody wanna start a COMMUNE?? Geez.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options

Pretty much! Whole foods in their (nearly) unadulterated state is the way to go. Farmer's markets, CSAs, etc.

A dollar is a vote, and as long as we keep buying crap, that's what the food industry will sell us.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Err...horrifying?

...Really?

I was expecting things like cows are actually chickens...but it's nothing more than stuff we probably already knew, and don't really care about, and will never notice the difference anyway!

They put stuff in fresh orange juice to make it last longer! Im horrified!

...how did we think it lasted so long?
    A dollar is a vote, and as long as we keep buying crap, that's what the food industry will sell us.

Thank god for that. It'd be far more boring without CHOICE.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Even more reasons to put the processed foods down, join a CSA and find locally farmed sources of meat, eggs, poultry and dairy.
  • Grokette
    Options
    Err...horrifying?

...Really?

I was expecting things like cows are actually chickens...but it's nothing more than stuff we probably already knew, and don't really care about, and will never notice the difference anyway!

Wow, I can't believe the I don't care attitude here..................Why don't you care?

This is the reason why we have so many re-calls on foods and the factory farming system. Because so many people don't care.

You do realize those packaged "food" products you purchase in the store are not real food????

As long as the above attitude keeps being displayed by people voting with their dollars in this manner - things are only going to get worse.
  • Grokette
    Options

Pretty much! Whole foods in their (nearly) unadulterated state is the way to go. Farmer's markets, CSAs, etc.

Exactly!!! :drinker:
  • Statsol
    Statsol Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This doesn't bother me in the least. For example, I would rather have meat treated with ammonia than not treated.
  • questionablemethods
    Options

Err.... never notice the difference? You haven't noticed everyone getting fatter and sicker? I don't think that's the result of excess calories from whole foods from local farmers (butter and bacon included!).
  • HMonsterX
    Options
    Err...horrifying?

...Really?

Wow, I can't believe the I don't care attitude here..................Why don't you care?

This is the reason why we have so many re-calls on foods and the factory farming system. Because so many people don't care.

You do realize those packaged "food" products you purchase in the store are not real food????

As long as the above attitude keeps being displayed by people voting with their dollars in this manner - things are only going to get worse.

You do realise that not everyone WANTS to eat 100% clean? And that we've been eating this stuff for years and years, and it's never done us any provable harm? Im surprised people didn't already know a lot of this stuff either. Not everyone's ideal food future is the same as yours!

And really...is this "horrifying" to you? I can think of far worse things that are actually "horrifying". This is just a minor wakeup call to those who want to, and think they are, eating 100% clean.
  • questionablemethods
    Options
    This doesn't bother me in the least. For example, I would rather have meat treated with ammonia than not treated.

Why does meat need to be treated with anything? Buy it from a local rancher or a butcher who sources from one.
  • HMonsterX
    Options

Err.... never notice the difference? You haven't noticed everyone getting fatter and sicker? I don't think that's the result of excess calories from whole foods from local farmers (butter and bacon included!).

Err...you think the main reason for "everyone" getting fatter and sicker is things like this?
  • HMonsterX
    Options

Why does meat need to be treated with anything? Buy it from a local rancher or a butcher who sources from one.

You assume that everyone has the time/money/inclination/morals/etc to do this? It'll cost more, spoil quicker, and may not even taste that different, let alone better.

We all buy our food based on taking a number of things into account. Cost, ease, taste, nutritional value, etc. We just put more emphasis on each thing, that's why we are all different.
  • questionablemethods
    Options
    You do realise that not everyone WANTS to eat 100% clean? And that we've been eating this stuff for years and years, and it's never done us any provable harm? Im surprised people didn't already know a lot of this stuff either. Not everyone's ideal food future is the same as yours!

I do realize it. It baffles me, but have at it. I'm trying to prevent my family from suffering debilitating "diseases of civilization" that, I believe, are almost entirely preventable with decent nutrition and lifestyle.

I'm not 100% "clean" (whatever that means) but I just like *my* food to be food that my grandmother would have recognized (to steal from Michael Pollan). To each their own.
  • HMonsterX
    Options

I do realize it. It baffles me, but have at it. I'm trying to prevent my family from suffering debilitating "diseases of civilization" that, I believe, are almost entirely preventable with decent nutrition and lifestyle.

I'm not 100% "clean" (whatever that means) but I just like *my* food to be food that my grandmother would have recognized (to steal from Michael Pollan). To each their own.

It's all about how much you are willing to sacrifice. If you want to be a professional sportsman, you have to dedicate 100% of your life to it.

If you want that perfect physique, that 6 pack, that perfect toning, you have to sacrifice a hell of a lot of the tasty stuff.

To many people, it's just not worth it. Id rather eat 80% clean, and really enjoy food and life, than have to cut a ton of stuff out and have 100% healthy. Im the sort of person who really wouldn't notice that small an improvement, but would really miss the stuff i cut out.

To each their own.
  • questionablemethods
    Options

It's all about how much you are willing to sacrifice. If you want to be a professional sportsman, you have to dedicate 100% of your life to it.

If you want that perfect physique, that 6 pack, that perfect toning, you have to sacrifice a hell of a lot of the tasty stuff.

To many people, it's just not worth it. Id rather eat 80% clean, and really enjoy food and life, than have to cut a ton of stuff out and have 100% healthy. Im the sort of person who really wouldn't notice that small an improvement, but would really miss the stuff i cut out.

To each their own.

Exactly. I don't eat "100% clean" (or whatever). It's just that I'd rather have butter than margarine and whole cream in my coffee over a non-fat, non-dairy flavored creamer, etc. That's what *IS* tasty to me.