Help! Quick, easy recipes please!!

Options
I do not cook, and am trying to get a list of easy, dinner ideas. I and my roommate are going to alternate Sunday dinners.

She is Suzie home maker and I need quick and easy, yet low cal and delicious!!! I found an easy baked ziti recipe, but can't use that every week....

Please post here...

Thanks!!!!!

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I do not cook, and am trying to get a list of easy, dinner ideas. I and my roommate are going to alternate Sunday dinners.

She is Suzie home maker and I need quick and easy, yet low cal and delicious!!! I found an easy baked ziti recipe, but can't use that every week....

Please post here...

Thanks!!!!!

i didn't cook either, but this book spells things out perfectly: http://www.amazon.com/Best-Slow-Easy-Recipes-Flavor-Packed/dp/1933615249/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316626740&sr=8-1

its a lot of slow recipies that don't involve a lot of attention. i like the slow cooker chili, ropa vieja, and the beef stew. the chinese bbq pork is outstanding. and the best is that the recipie is big, so if you make the whole thing you can save half or more for during the week.

downside, no calorie information in the recipies.
  • jbatstra
    jbatstra Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/shrimp-scampi-with-artichokes-recipe/index.html

Easy, yum! I substitute chicken broth for the wine...and serve on whole wheat pasta.
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com and www.hungrygirl.com
  • xhaller
    Options
    I would suggest grabbing Occtober's Real SImple magazine. It blew my mind with the number of dinner suggestions that are fairly easy and inexpensive to make. Then there was a whole other section with overcoming certain meal-making obstacles, whether it's time, space, or know-how. The suggestions were great and totally grounded in the real world. In fact I have already made two meals from that magazine: the turkey meatballs and the red curry chicken. There are plenty of non-meat dishes too. I seriously wanted to dive into this magazine, it was so perfect for what I needed.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    chicken stir fry:

season a pound of chicken breast w/o skin and bake @ 450 degrees...while this is cooking stir fry brocoli, carrots, onions, mung bean sprouts, and snap peas. When chicken is done, cut up into chunks and add too the veggie mix and cook a little longer with a couple tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce. And eat with a little bit of jasmine rice (which is so flavorful it doesn't need butter or salt in my opinion)

Ground turkey w/ veggies

season and cook a pound of ground turkey. Add a can of veg-all and a can of corn. It is really tasty and quick with a side salad.

ceviche (can make the night before and keeps in the fridge for at least 5 days)

use any kind of flaky white fish...(flounder is my fav) ...squeeze the juice out of 3 limes (for every 8 oz filet of fish) soak fish and stick in the fridge over night. The next day dice and mix tomatoes, cilantro, jalepenos, onions, and avacado, squeeze the juice of one lime. Take out fish and flake or dice into chunks (I prefer shredded) mix with the mixture of veggies..salt to taste and eat with cucumbers as chips instead of tostadas or crackers.