can't eat all these calories!!!!!!

Options
there is no way i can eat all of the calories it is telling me to. its just not possible. i already ate a little extra with my lunch to try and get them all in and now its dinner time and i could eat but i'm not starving and i still have 1,000 calories to go!!!!! holy goodness!!! i can't eat 1,000 calories after 7:30 at night. am i doing something wrong?
i put in my workout today as 40 minutes of circuit training and i put in breastfeeding as a workout as 500 calories burned which is what i was told is an average calorie burn for a breastfeeding mom.
that said, after eating breakfast, a good lunch and an extra snack with lunch.................still 1,000 calories?

help!

Replies

• SaraWojcik19
    SaraWojcik19 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    there is no way i can eat all of the calories it is telling me to. its just not possible. i already ate a little extra with my lunch to try and get them all in and now its dinner time and i could eat but i'm not starving and i still have 1,000 calories to go!!!!! holy goodness!!! i can't eat 1,000 calories after 7:30 at night. am i doing something wrong?
    i put in my workout today as 40 minutes of circuit training and i put in breastfeeding as a workout as 500 calories burned which is what i was told is an average calorie burn for a breastfeeding mom.
    that said, after eating breakfast, a good lunch and an extra snack with lunch.................still 1,000 calories?

help!
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you eat plenty of protein and vitamins! You want to be sure that your baby gets all the nutrition he/she needs! Eat a reasonable dinner and up the calories a but by having a glass of milk with dinner and maybe some extra portions of veggies!

Good luck!
  • Rachel6901
    Rachel6901 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I think the main thing is to just make sure you are eating the calories that they originally gave you, without the workout. That way you are not in the dangerous level. That's my thought and from things I have heard.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter toast & milk is a nice snack that is fairly high in cals but is still good for you. :flowerforyou:
  • Rachel6901
    Rachel6901 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    oooh, that actually sounds really good right now!! Too bad I am already working off a bad lunch! :grumble:
  • jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Ohh .. I wish I was breast feeding ... 500 calories wow!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    If someone said JUMP off the bridge I might think twice. Trying to eat 1000 calories AFTER 730 pm is a real bad idea and there is absolutely NO reason to do it. Something is way off...either the calories burned or the advice. I go with a combination of both. Unless you are starving, do not ever force yourself to eat more than you feel like you need. If anything, undereat.

Check other sources also.
    good luck
    Dave
  • stephiepoo
    Options
    Have you tried eating bars? Like granola bars? Maybe you are exercising to much.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    If anything, undereat.

:noway:

WHAT?!

That must have been internet sarcasm. :laugh:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    :noway:

If anything, this website is conservative in its estimations. You need to eat the calories given to you by myfitnespal based on your activities and breastfeeding. Drink protein shakes if you aren't hungry. Add egg and fruits to the shakes. Eat red meat instead of chicken. Butter instead of margarine. Whole milk instead of low-fat. If you like nuts, eat walnuts and peanut butter.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    If anything, undereat.

Check other sources also.
    good luck
    Dave
    :huh: :noway: Doesn't sound like wise healthy fit advice to me:huh: :noway: ... under eating is not recommened on this site ...Period!.... we strive to teach and share what works for us and that is changing our way of eating, no 'dieting' but by eating less and changing what you eat, adding in healthier foods getting in enough cals etc..:bigsmile:

....always remember we are sharing from experience on MFP... we are not professionals (nor do we play one on TV)..so take what one shares as just that our experience that has worked for us.

But I don't know anyone that has sucessfully lost weight in a healthy manner and kept it off by 'undereating'...that will merely break down your body and certainly NOT burn fat which is what the goal is for many here on MFP.

again..UNDEREATING is NOT HEALTHY...most especially if you're also feeding a little one, but for you alone it just plain isn't healthy for that matter, for any of us, that actually want to keep the weight off!!:wink: