Halloween Candy in the Office

Options
2»

Replies

• Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    What types of "treats" are you allowing yourself? Pick something that you CAN have at the end of your day, and keep reminding yourself that's what's waiting for you at home, as long as you avoid the candy at work.

GREAT THREAD - this will come in to play for LOTS of us, and the suggestions here are terrific!

Here's my "treat", when I've got a hankering for something sweet and chocolaty...

Stir together in a pretty bowl (makes me feel special if I use a pretty dessert bowl or goblet or something!) -

6 oz Greek yogurt - plain non fat (I prefer Fage brand, Total 0%)

1 packet Stevia-In-The-Raw

1-2 DROPS Vanilla Extract

1 DROP Almond Extract

1-2 teaspoons plain Cocoa

This makes a smooth, creamy, chocolaty dessert that reminds me of a thick, rich chocolate mousse. Delish!

For a variation of the above, instead of Cocoa, stir in a teaspoon or two of Simply Fruit - I like peach - and add a sprinkling of Apple Pie Spice - tastes like a Peach Cobbler mousse!

Both of these are also quite filling and very satisfying!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Ice
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those people that can't stop at one piece. There is a candy jar on my unit at the hospital...and I have always been a sucker for walking by it and thinking "I'll just have ONE piece"...It never turns out to be one piece. I basically have to force myself to ignore that it's there. Don't look at it. Don't think about it.

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!" :laugh:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    How many vacation days do you have left? LOL....seriously, I like the 'not washing hands' thing, but mainly, you have to work on will power. Get yourself some mints or other snacks, and if you've been avoiding that stuff for a long time now, just think how it will make your stomach feel if you over-indulge now!
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    I know your pain but unfortunately my office does it all year long. I just have to avoid it. I like the idea about the fruit bowl. I may have to do that one of these days.
  • pfeiferfit
    pfeiferfit Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Print out these, drop them in the bowls, and maybe the bowls will disappear. You can always hope.
    Or else I agree, donation bowls next to the candy could work, as well as

If you are overweight or obese, you may be at risk for a wide range of serious diseases and conditions including:

•hypertension or high blood pressure;
    •coronary heart disease;
    •Type 2 diabetes;
    •stroke;
    •gallbladder disease;
    •osteoarthritis;
    •sleep apnea and other breathing problems;
    •some cancers such as breast, colon and endometrial cancer; and
    •mental health problems, such as low self-esteem and depression.
    Obesity is one of the leading factors in heart disease and stroke, as well as in Type 2 diabetes, which affects an estimated 1.8 million Canadians. If you are overweight, you are at high risk of becoming obese, which can more seriously affect your health.