6 pounds in 5 days!!!!!!!

Options
lulubar
lulubar Posts: 739 Member
I am sooooo excited. I've worked really hard this week, stuck to my plan, exercised and drank all my water AND now I've been rewarded with a six pound weight loss! I know most of that is just because I gave up my 3 to 4 Dr. Peppers a day - BUT I don't care. Right now I'm so motivated I don't care if I ever have another Dr. Pepper for the rest of my life!:laugh: :laugh:

Replies

• lulubar
    Options
    I am sooooo excited. I've worked really hard this week, stuck to my plan, exercised and drank all my water AND now I've been rewarded with a six pound weight loss! I know most of that is just because I gave up my 3 to 4 Dr. Peppers a day - BUT I don't care. Right now I'm so motivated I don't care if I ever have another Dr. Pepper for the rest of my life!:laugh: :laugh:
  • Hopefullyurs
    Options
    good job....
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Great job lulubar!:drinker:

It only gets better.:flowerforyou:
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :drinker: Now just keep it up! :happy: (and Diet dr pepper is yummy too!)
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! THAT IS SO AWESOME CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Good job!! That first week, when you see the scale move in a big way, is SO VERY MOTIVATING! I'm glad you have had success, keep up the good work.

Lynnie
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Weight is weight! Its a loss! Celebrate!

I had someone tell me once when I had lost some weight that most of it was probably water weight. My reply was.....and your point is? Weight is weight.....water, fat, etc. It is still coming off your total!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO!!! Great job!
  • lulubar
    Options
    Weight is weight! Its a loss! Celebrate!

I had someone tell me once when I had lost some weight that most of it was probably water weight. My reply was.....and your point is? Weight is weight.....water, fat, etc. It is still coming off your total!

Thanks for that! I hadn't thought of it that way.

And thanks for all the "congrats" folks.... that feels really good!
  • shewearsvans
    Options
    :bigsmile: Great Job... Im right there wuth you!

119098.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    that is so great, I am so proud of you for giving up the dr pepper. I know that was hard. I have given up eating at fast food resturants and that was extrememly hard for me.
  • earltonmurphys
    Options
    :happy: Yippeeeee! you go girl!
  • ylohmeyer
    Options
    :happy: That's super. I too have lost alot this week. I have lost 5 lbs. I've been trying to lose weight since Aug. and have lost 18 lbs. this is my first week with myfitnesspal. So far it has helped to be able to log. I'm also in a biggest loser competition with co-worker. My goal weight is 150 and I now way 174. I'm 47 years old and it doesn't go as fast and it's not as easy for me to exercise as years ago. Keep up the good work and I believe we can do it.
  • lulubar
    Options
    that is so great, I am so proud of you for giving up the dr pepper. I know that was hard. I have given up eating at fast food resturants and that was extrememly hard for me.

Yikes! I haven't done fast food this week, but I'm going back to work soon and know it will be a lot more difficult when I don't have all day to plan my meals... you are definately an inspiration! Thanks for the encouragement!:smile:
  • lulubar
    Options
    :happy: That's super. I too have lost alot this week. I have lost 5 lbs. I've been trying to lose weight since Aug. and have lost 18 lbs. this is my first week with myfitnesspal. So far it has helped to be able to log. I'm also in a biggest loser competition with co-worker. My goal weight is 150 and I now way 174. I'm 47 years old and it doesn't go as fast and it's not as easy for me to exercise as years ago. Keep up the good work and I believe we can do it.

Good for you! That's awesome - Doesn't it feel great?!?! I know what you mean about it not being as easy as it used to be... I'm 48 and dang! Exercise is SO much harder now than it used to be! What's up with that? There are lots more groans and pops and creaks nowadays - but it'll be worth it and I am hopeful that it will get better! Keep up the good work!
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I want to be down 6lbs by January 21 and didn't think It was possible. Now I know I can make it happen!
  • chelseachick
    Options
    way to go!
  • Athene
    Athene Posts: 4
    Options
    That is so impressive and fantastic! Congrats!

Keep up the good work!
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!!

Remember that Diet soda stimulates your appetite. Actually any nurtra-sweet/aspartame stimulates your appetite.

I got off of Coke by drinking Diet Coke for a month or so and now I drink mostly water, milk and some juice (I usually water my juice down a little).

I have only lost 10 pounds, but I have been working out and losing inches.... not as much weight as I would like to see leave my body, but the inches are nice. I am almost down my first pant size.... a 14 down to a 12.... almost. I can get 12's on but I have a little overhang around the waste.... so almost there.
  • lulubar
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!!

Remember that Diet soda stimulates your appetite. Actually any nurtra-sweet/aspartame stimulates your appetite.

I got off of Coke by drinking Diet Coke for a month or so and now I drink mostly water, milk and some juice (I usually water my juice down a little).

I have only lost 10 pounds, but I have been working out and losing inches.... not as much weight as I would like to see leave my body, but the inches are nice. I am almost down my first pant size.... a 14 down to a 12.... almost. I can get 12's on but I have a little overhang around the waste.... so almost there.

Good to know - I will try to just steer clear of any soda. So far so good- and I'm sorta takin' a hankerin' to the water, who knew? Congrats to you on going down a size!!! I am soooo looking forward to that!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!