Evening urge to binge!

Options
2»

Replies

• Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    late night binges or cravings can be due to not getting enough food during the day...BUT, when you know you have eaten and you just crave it could be old habits trying to break in. Your body is smart, like other addictions your body is trying to get you do to what you were doing because our biology wants to prevent starvation.

I crave sweets after dinner but here are some things I do to help.

First, I bought a lot of herbal teas. I have found that sipping on a hot, lightly sweetened tea actually distracts from the cravings. I had to quit using splenda and go to all natural raw sugar because the splenda was giving me headaches.

Another thing I did is I went to the store and bought different kinds of gum and lolly pops and fudgesicles. When my tea just isn't cutting it I allow myself ONE item and that is all. I find that See's candies lollypops are the best because they take so long to suck on that sometimes I have to re-wrap it for the next day.

Peppermint candy is also a great appetitie suppressant. Candy canes, after dinner mints or tea are great ways to use peppermint to curb your late night cravings.
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I binged in my car while driving home from the grocery store (I went from the gym to the grocery store). It all started with an $0.88 sale.

Not sure if you're looking for advice here, but maybe you should designate your car as a no-eating zone. Not only will it keep you from binging on the road, it will also keep your car in better condition.