Downsizing my calves?

Options
What is the best way to downsize my calves? I have big calves and I hate them! How can I get rid of them? Please help.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,720 Member
    Options
    Calves are genetic. Learn to love them. And your calves look very average in your pic.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I agree your calves look fine =]
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Surgery?

Seriously though, most people don't have a lot of fat on their calves unless they're severely obese. And since you can't change the length of your shin bone, you can't change the length of the muscle either (hence why 'long lean muscles' is a silly statement - the length of the muscle is determined by the length of your bone). Maybe if you built a little muscle on your quads/thighs they would look more proportional?
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Strong athletic calves are healthy ones! The only downside I have is that tall boots don't always fit LOL so I have to buy wide legged ones but it's so worth it!
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Stay away from any exercises that require explosive movements, and keep trucking with your diet. Your diet will eliminate size that comes from fat, and less explosive movements will prohibit any further growth, but you can't just slim down the muscle.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    A belt sander will help whittle them down ;)

Dope
  • karenyg
    Options
    Why would you want to get rid of your calves, they can be a great asset for you they look great on your picture.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,720 Member
    Options
    Stay away from any exercises that require explosive movements, and keep trucking with your diet. Your diet will eliminate size that comes from fat, and less explosive movements will prohibit any further growth, but you can't just slim down the muscle.
    She'd have to quit climbing then. Like any other muscle, it's more about overload to build muscle and calorie surplus. But since calves and forearms are very dense in muscle fiber, the amount of overload they can handle is quite high.
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    She'd have to quit climbing then. Like any other muscle, it's more about overload to build muscle and calorie surplus. But since calves and forearms are very dense in muscle fiber, the amount of overload they can handle is quite high.

I suppose the next question to ask is if she did anything that led to the current calf size, or if they are purely genetic.
  • MuffinMan25
    Options
    Your Calves look good to me!!!! :smile: