Strength Training.

Options
Hey,

I was hoping some of you might be able to give me some advice. I've been hitting the cardio hard for 5 months now, and am still seeing good results but wanted to add in some weight training. I just don't know where to start. My gym has a pretty lousy selection of equipment.

I have access to;
a cable-pulley multi gym
chest press machine
shoulder press machine
lat-pull down machine
calf press machine
leg press machine
Aductor machine
Abductor machine

I am looking to do 3 days a week. Would a split rountine be better? (leg day, chest and shoulder day, arm day). I'm not sure of all the different exercises i can do using the cable multi gym.

There seems to be a lot of conflicting information out there, if anyone could help me put a plan together that would be brilliant.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I was hoping some of you might be able to give me some advice. I've been hitting the cardio hard for 5 months now, and am still seeing good results but wanted to add in some weight training. I just don't know where to start. My gym has a pretty lousy selection of equipment.

I have access to;
    a cable-pulley multi gym
    chest press machine
    shoulder press machine
    lat-pull down machine
    calf press machine
    leg press machine
    Aductor machine
    Abductor machine

I am looking to do 3 days a week. Would a split rountine be better? (leg day, chest and shoulder day, arm day). I'm not sure of all the different exercises i can do using the cable multi gym.

There seems to be a lot of conflicting information out there, if anyone could help me put a plan together that would be brilliant.
    bodybuilding.com has several workout plans for beginners.
  • jimmy_jenkins
    Options
    Hey,

I have access to;
    a cable-pulley multi gym
    chest press machine
    shoulder press machine
    lat-pull down machine
    calf press machine
    leg press machine
    Aductor machine
    Abductor machine

bodybuilding.com has several workout plans for beginners.

Thanks, i'll take a look now.
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have a Bowflex Ultimate 2 at home which is probably pretty comparable to the cable pulley system at your gym. The users manual (which you can find online at the Bowflex website) has details and photos for 90+ exercises in it. You might find some good exercises that you can adapt to the system at your gym.