Im going to be a test subject

Options
connieq288
connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
Of a sort. My step class teacher is a professor at the university here and she teaches physiology or something like that. Her class this semester is doing something about the resting heart rate of an obese patient. She asked if I would like to be their first subject. I said sure so now I get to go and get my true resting heartrate and metabolism done for free. Doesnt that test cost a couple hundred? So I go in around 2 weeks for it and then again in April.. I am not sure if anything else will be required but I am sort of excited about it. She is a really nice teacher so it didnt bother me that she called me obese because I know its true and she sees that I am trying to change that. But it will be so neat to see how much it changes in 3 months.

Connie

Replies

• connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Of a sort. My step class teacher is a professor at the university here and she teaches physiology or something like that. Her class this semester is doing something about the resting heart rate of an obese patient. She asked if I would like to be their first subject. I said sure so now I get to go and get my true resting heartrate and metabolism done for free. Doesnt that test cost a couple hundred? So I go in around 2 weeks for it and then again in April.. I am not sure if anything else will be required but I am sort of excited about it. She is a really nice teacher so it didnt bother me that she called me obese because I know its true and she sees that I am trying to change that. But it will be so neat to see how much it changes in 3 months.

Connie
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    That is really good!
    54534436.gif
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Thats really cool! My college offers free fitness testing (height, weight, body fat, etc) and I am trying to get up the nerve to do it...you know, a before and after thing! I'm just kinda nervous and embarassed...but if you can do it (something similar) then so can I!

Looks like you have already made quite a bit of progress! Good luck!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

Connie

That will be a fun test to get for free!! The BMI scale said I was obese 1 pound ago. it's just weird how 1 pound can change things. I feel the same weight at this weight and 1 pound ago. Have fun and let us know how it goes.