Weight gain despite exercise and restrictive calories and se

Options
So I was never overweight but I wanted to eat healthier and look a bit slimmer and toned... So I've been calorie counting and looking at the balance of what I eat with the help of this... initially it worked, but I've ended up gaining about 12lbs (6kg ish). I haven't gotten much thinner in fact... I suffer with horrendous bloating. I changed all my usual; stuff into healthier alternatives. Normal white bread for wholemeal, normal spread to lower fat/lighter spread, white pasta for wholemeal, cooked with less fat/oil or none. Steamed veg, added pepper, added scluptress tbalets. Skimmed milk in place of semi skimmed. Having cheese as occasional treat... LOTS of fruit and veg... weighing out my cereal, measuring my milk and spread. IOts boring and tedious and I haven't seen ANY benefit. I feel worse than ever. I've given it a good shot (4 or 5 months). Anyone else experienced this and what did they do?

Val

Replies

• Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    What is your weight loss set at when you set up your calories? If you don't have much to lose then try putting it to .5 per week. Gives you more calories which you would think would hinder weight loss, but actually does the opposite.
  • judkinsjenny
    Options
    it may be that your allergic to wheat, like celiacs disease. if so, then i think you can only have rice. i cant remember. gluten free, try that.
  • HJSilva
    Options
    What have you been doing for excercise? Is it possible that you have gained muscle?
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I went thru the exact same thing. Eating healthy did not work for me at first. I thought I was going crazy but I decided to get a second opinion and asked my coworkers to monitor me. They saw how my stomach bloated tremendously after a day of eating healthy. Eating things like oatmeal, whole wheat, breads, salads, and beans would bloat me toooo much. At the end of the day I looked like I was 8 months pregnant! They were my witnesses. My doctor did say some people don't do well with fiber so I was advised to eat less fiber and tons of water. Yeah well it was not enough so I tried a gluten free diet for about a month and it helped a ton! I did stomach treatments with laxatives and my tummy went down alot... No bloating and no sporadic gas...