Ran my 1st 5K!

Options
I accomplished another one of my goals, and ran a 5K race at the Chicago Blackhawks Training Camp Festical this past weekend. I finished in a respectable 30:15. I'm very happy with that, considering I could barely job a half mile 6 weeks ago. I'm still not even close to my daughter's time, but that's what goals are for!

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    great job and real solid time.
  • Heidi1987
    Heidi1987 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    thats a fantastic acheivement! I'm just doing C25K at the moment. well done
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment! I'm running my first 5K in 4 weeks and hope to be even slightly close to your time so I think you did absolutely amazing!
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Great job! And great taste in Hockey teams! ;)
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    From one runner to another congrats to you! 5k is where it all begins!!! Keep up the good work and continue to challenge yourself!
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!
  • agugino
    agugino Posts: 119
    Options
    Congrats! That's a HUGE accomplishment.
  • zebra1965
    zebra1965 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I could NOT have done it without following MFP and losing 30 pounds (so far!). If I could do it, anyone can. You just have to put your mind to it. Good luck to those with upcoming races...it's a lot of fun, and the accomplishment you feel afterwards is unbeatable!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I could NOT have done it without following MFP and losing 30 pounds (so far!). If I could do it, anyone can. You just have to put your mind to it. Good luck to those with upcoming races...it's a lot of fun, and the accomplishment you feel afterwards is unbeatable!

AMEN to that. And CONGRATULATIONS!!! Good time for your first, too!!
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I just started jogging for the first time ever. I would love to make it to a 5k someday. Good for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!