The Texas State Fair is here....

Options
Our yearly state fair is here, and as everyone knows the fried everything is here. I dont want to go to the fair and not try any of the foods. Any ideas or suggestions on how to remian within my calories but still be able to sample some of the foods and actually enjoy myself. I think it will be almost impossible to log those foods on here. I know for sure I wont be drinking anything but water, and I'm thinking about wearing my hear rate monitor to see how many calories i burn while walking around.

Replies

• smashleymcgee
    smashleymcgee Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I live in Texas also and I LOVE the state fair. I would suggest wearing the heart rate monitor and just track how many calories you burned just walking around. I did that last year with my pedometer and it cancelled out most of my eating :).
  • vraesgame
    vraesgame Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    i LOVE the fair! I have to admit that I don't plan on staying in calorie goal the day I go. I'll be drinking beer, eating corny dogs, texas twister fries and fish tacos, LOL. AND maybe some buttered corn on the cob. :) I will, however, wear my HRM and also use an app to log how many miles we walk. Have fun and don't forget to enjoy yourself too!

:wink:
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I go every year!

It's just one day. Go eat. Enjoy. Have fun.

The next day get back to working out!
  • AshjMusik
    AshjMusik Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Omg this year they're going to have fried ribs & fried banana pudding!! Harder to resist than fried butter that's for sure lol. Great idea to wear the HRM, go w/ a couple ppl so u can sample diff foods & still divy up the cals
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Thankyou, these are all great ideas!
  • kiki75243
    kiki75243 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I live in Texas too so I'm gonna go to the fair as well this was a great post and some good idea...It's hard to go to the fair and stay within your calorie range becuz everything is so good and dipped in grease....
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Have a corn dog for me. lol:bigsmile:
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Why not have the roasted corn?